The Tri-Cities is a great place to raise a family, continue your education, or work into retirement. Residents enjoy the Tri-Cities’ unique local flavor, quality school systems, virtually non-existent traffic congestion, low crime rate, annual precipitation of less than seven inches, diverse outdoor recreational opportunities, and limitless regional attractions. Families have many housing choices from established neighborhoods to new construction developments. Whether you love the country life, or want to live next to a golf course, on the river, or near shopping and business, there is a home waiting for you in our community. The Tri-Cities offers residents an elementary through university level education. You can further your education without ever leaving the area by attending Columbia Basin College and Washington State University Tri-Cities. Ranked among the “Top 10 High Technology Communities in the Nation” by the Milken Institute, business owners looking to start or relocate their business will find a pool of skilled, educated workers in the Tri-Cities.
The Tri-City Herald has a great leadership opportunity and we are looking for a candidate who embodies excellence, collaboration, sales accountability, innovation, respect, and commitment to community. As the leader of the Tri-City Herald's management team, we need someone who excels in leadership, communication, mentoring, empowerment, and resource management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Implementing successful revenue strategies and inspiring a team to meet goals.
● Understanding the digital sales landscape and effectively coaching managers and team members to take advantage of our best-in-breed marketing solutions designed to deliver optimal results for our customers.
● Creating a sales culture that values recruiting, training and retaining top performers and effectively manages sub-par performers.
● Directing all sales planning activities, including the analysis of competitive products, consumer research, sales budgets, goals and margins.
● Effectively budgeting and forecasting revenue and expenses.
● Developing strong client relationships and engagement.
● Being the face of the Herald and promoting strong community ties.
● Working closely with a team of senior managers to collectively strategize and drive the business forward to meet goals.
● At least 8-10 years in the newspaper/digital industry, with at least 5 of those years in management;
● A degree in business, journalism, finance or a related field;
● An equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience.
McClatchy is a leading news and information publisher offering news, information and marketing solutions to many of the nation's best markets. McClatchy offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, Calif., and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.
McClatchy is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
If you are a results-oriented, innovative, creative leader with a proven record of sales success, we urge you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to Terri Holub, McClatchy at email@example.com.