BP, a global leader in energy, has openings at our Cherry Point Refinery located in Blaine, WA.
Role Synopsis: The Process Operations Technician position at Cherry Point works closely with team members to maintain, monitor, and control the continuous operations of refinery process equipment to produce quality transportation fuels and other products in a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient manner. The refinery Operations Technician position is assigned to one of the refinery operating areas and reports to the area foreman. This job description is intended to provide an overview of the position and does not include all the tasks that might be required in providing the necessary support to the refinery.
- Demonstrate ownership of personal safety and the safety of co-workers, supporting a strong safety culture
- Work effectively, collaboratively, and respectfully on diverse teams, including sharing workloads and helping others when needed
- Exhibit a high level of initiative and commitment to self-directed learning and application of complex refinery processes, and seek out assistance
- Monitor and control unit operation in accordance with safe operating limits and overall refinery plan, including following routine, start-up, shutdown, and emergency procedures
- Be observant, willing, and have the courage to speak up.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot operational problems by collecting data, analyzing and interpreting results, and make decisions on appropriate process changes to maintain product quality and equipment reliability
- Communicate effectively through verbal and written means amongst all levels of the team through daily logs, shift relief/reports and other materials as required. - Be internally motivated and accountable for achieving long-term and day-to-day goals and tasks
- Effectively manage time, resources, and priorities with leadership of the unit foremen
- Effectively demonstrate and transfer work related knowledge to others in a variety of settings including day to day operation, training, and assessment
- Develop and implement isolation plans of equipment for maintenance, and issue permits for work in the unit
- Ability to sit at a control console for extended periods, monitoring process variables and adjusting to maintain operation within defined process parameters
Essential Education: - High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts which will include weekends and holidays, and must be available for overtime
- Exhibit safe work practices - Attain a passing score on pre-employment test which includes mechanical aptitude, reading, science, and mathematics concepts
- Ability to work in a team environment both as a leader and team member
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
Desirable Criteria and Qualifications:
One or more of the following:
Bachelor's Degree, Associate's degree in Process Technology or related field, military experience, technical experience (e.g., machinist, instrumentation or electrical), and/or operator in a refinery, utility or chemical plant, general refinery experience.
Other Requirements: - Demonstrate a level of physical ability to handle the demands of the job with or without accommodation. This will include climbing stairs and ladders, carrying items that weigh 25 pounds or more, lifting items that weigh 50 pounds or more, standing or walking on your feet for an extended period of time, work outside in all weather, at all times of the day, any day of the week, ability to wear fresh air gear, work in confined spaces, and actively participate on refinery emergency response team.
How to Apply: Applications are only accepted online at bp.com/careers. Once on bp.com/careers, click on the Search All Jobs box. Enter the Requisition #84355BR into the keywords box and click search. Select the job and click Apply Now. Additional Information: The anticipated start date for the Operator position will be February 2018. Successful candidates in all roles must have the ability to pass pre-employment tests including aptitude, reading, and mathematics and, if selected for employment, successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug & alcohol screening, as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE PLANT SITE
BP is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
No Phone Calls or Agencies