Manager Cash Applications, Specialty Billing and Customer Service
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy, including the Covid-19 primary series. The organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Provide leadership to the Cash Application, Specialty Billing and Customer Service Teams within the Corporate Billing department. Grow and develop Supervisors and Leads directly reporting to Manager. Assists the Vice President (VP) of Billing with designing procedures, policies, and systems to maximize efficiency and accuracy functions under manager responsibility. The Manager of Cash Applications, Specialty Billing and Customer Service will operate with an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards.
What We Offer
- Salary $73,000-$96,000 DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates (salary will be prorated if less than 1.0 FTE).
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Coaches, mentors and trains supervisors and direct report staff. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports leadership growth and development. Assesses the educational and experience needs of direct reports in collaboration with the individual. Encourages direct reports to seek educational opportunities incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Manages key performance indicators and data for department and provide reporting and action plans for improvement.
- Provides routine reporting to VP of Billing and organizational leadership.
- Delegates to appropriate levels within the team.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and documents work-flow processes and procedures. When necessary, develops and implements policies to maintain proper workflow and accountability.
- Cash Applications:
- Provides leadership to the Cash Application Supervisor to ensure timely payment Applications, credit resolution, reconciliation of payments received and resolving unposted cash.
- Leads Cash Application Supervisor to Identify root cause issues and effectively resolve complex misdirected payment issues; categorize error reasons and coordinate with other management or other team members to ensure process improvements are completed.
- Oversees team metrics ensuring contractual adjustments are correctly determined and accurately posted, overpayments are addressed according to contracts, and requests for refund follow appropriate workflows and are addressed according to contracts.
- Leverages technology to automate manual aspect. Reviews/assesses and implements systems and processes within the Cash Applications Department that will improve productivity and/or financial performance.
- Customer Service:
- Ensures professional, compassionate, and quality customer service is provided to clients, providers, and departments and team members.
- Responsible for managing the performance, workflow and service standards of Patient Account Customer Service Lead and staff in a call center environment to resolve billing and payment issues and collect payment.
- Develops processes to handle escalated patient and customer issues ensuring customer satisfaction goals are maintained.
- Specialty Billing:
- Provides subject matter expertise regarding specialty billing processes, policies and procedures to individuals inside and outside the department.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance for specialty billed accounts as well as ensuring quality and minimizing denials delegating to Supervisors and Leads as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: Associates Degree in Healthcare related field / four additional years (above required experience) in a directly related role may be substituted for the required education. Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Information Management, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Experience: One year's experience in a supervisory role in healthcare coding and billing. At least 10 years' experience in physician revenue cycle management cash applications, clinical billing/AR and/or coding role. Proficiency with Epic Electronic Medical Records. Three years of supervisory or lead experience in physician revenue cycle management cash applications, clinical billing/AR and/or coding role preferred. FQHC billing and coding experience preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration Preferred: Preferred CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification preferred Certified Professional Biller (CPB)® certification. Preferred: RHIA, RHIT Certification. Preferred: Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR), Certified Specialist Payment & Reimbursement (CSPR).
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Ability to effectively lead and manage a team. Ability to provide vision and leadership for the functional department and organization and create and implement strategy that aligns with organization goals. Ability to create and implement strategy that aligns with organization goals. Ability to influence others to achieve understanding, acceptance, and commitments to act in support of ideas, programs, and products. Ability to apply systems thinking and articulate the interconnections of various department activities to move the organization forward. Ability to delegate responsibilities and motivate staff to complete tasks. Strong collaborative team-building skills to create internal teams and external partnerships. Ability to write concise, organized, and clear communications to internal and external customers. Ability to develop effective working relationships to gain trust and establish credibility at all organizational levels. Leverages interpersonal skills and technical knowledge to bring people and ideas together to perform effectively. Ability to work effectively in a customer-oriented environment. Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent priorities. Aggregates and analyzes data in a way that is meaningful to business operations in a timely manner. Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies, products, trends, and standards and make recommendations to leadership.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment