21st CCLC Youth Development Specialist - Garfield Elementary
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Provides an educational program to students assigned by supervisor or 21st Century Management Team. Develops or assists in learning activities to improve student academic achievement. Works with staff to structure classes in reading and math. Participates in staff development activities. Maintains documentation of classroom activities and attendance.
- Education: High School diploma/GED required; Bachelor's preferred.
- Experience: Experience facilitating programs with youth. Willing to share an area of interest, skill, or talent with youth in the afterschool program.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: A current copy of a FBI background check. First Aid/CPR card required within 30 days of hire. Must maintain school district approval for assigned worksite.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to assist with student learning objectives; ability to assist and/or lead implementing effective lesson plans: ability to assist and/or lead implementing positive discipline and classroom management; and the ability to organize student activities.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.