Yakima Federal Savings & Loan
Posted on March 8, 2018
Provide service to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions and meeting the needs of customers by referring them to appropriate departments in the bank.
- Receive checking and savings deposits; verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back, and issue receipts of deposit.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements.
- Process savings withdrawals.
- Identify fraudulent activity to prevent potential losses to the bank.
- Balance cash drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
- Identifying and selling Yakima Federal products and services beneficial to the customers’ needs.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.
- Stay current of compliance regulatory issues, through ongoing training, as they pertain to duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate courteously and professionally.
- Strong math and computer skills.
- In-depth knowledge of all bank deposit products and policies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous teller experience or 3 years cash handling experience.
- Prior Customer Service experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, and see. Employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment: Normal office environment; moderate office noise
Yakima Federal Savings & Loan is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all including veterans and individuals with disabilities.