Project PlannerYakima County Resources Department
$28.64 per hour, plus benefits There is one opening in the Yakima County Public Services, Planning Division. The position is responsible for providing experienced professional planning expertise and recommendation on routine to complex land use projects, land use code compliance/enforcement and other assignments. Other assignments include enforcement of land use and critical area regulations of Yakima County. Requires: Bachelor's degree in Planning, Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources Management, Geography and Code Enforcement/Law Enforcement and three years of increasingly responsible professional experience (including related internships), demonstrating knowledge and experience in Comprehensive Long Range Planning, Environmental Planning (SEPA, Critical Areas/Shorelines and Natural Resources) or Current Planning (Subdivision and Zoning) or Code Enforcement. Note: A Masters' Degree in the above disciplines may substitute for one year of experience.
- Development and Maintenance of Plans, Programs, Regulations.
- Performs or assists with a broader range of professional planning tasks:
- Drafts and assists in preparing goals, policies, planning, programming regulatory and and/or non-regulatory options and updates, and other project assignments for review by Section/Division management or others;
- Comprehensive Long Range Planning tasks: Researches, performs or participates in policy and technical analysis of comprehensive planning, land use, growth management, community/economic development issues and natural resource protection;
- Reviews plans, policies, programs and projects submitted by other divisions, departments, agencies and jurisdictions for consistency with adopted County plans and codes within area of responsibility;
- Serves as contact with other sections, divisions, departments and agencies on assigned programs or special projects;
- Assists in preparing Section or project level work programs and processes within allocated budget;
- Provides technical instruction to planners and other staff in area of specialization;
- Develops and/or uses GIS coverages for project assignments;
- Drafts grant applications to support Section, Division and Departmental programs;
- Schedules, coordinates, collects, assembles and prepares data, projections and reports.