Water Resources EngineerYakima County Human Resources Department
Water Resources Engineer $30.55 - $37.30 per hour Depends on Qualification
There is one opening with the Yakima County Public Services Department Water Resources Division. Serves as technical lead for complex Water Resources engineering projects providing senior level technical and professional expertise.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering and 4 years of professional engineering experience including stormwater and flood control; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Construction Designs;
- Engineering Theories and Principles of sub-surface drainage system construction design, engineering standards, and drainage project oversight;
- Related disciplines such as planning, soils analysis, hydraulics and hydrology;
- Federal, state and local laws, standards and regulations governing engineering projects;
- Common materials used in engineering projects;
- Methods and techniques of meeting facilitation, project management, and customer service;
- Safety precautions;
- Customer Service techniques
- Assigning and monitoring the work of others and coordinating activities;
- Inspecting projects for compliance with rules and regulations;
- Reading and interpreting maps, blueprints, schematics, plans and specifications;
- Computer aided drafting designs and plans;
- Making complex mathematical calculations;
- Tracking and monitoring records for projects;
- Trains/Instructs engineering personnel and troubleshoots civil software problems
- Using computers and related software applications;
- Establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships at all organizational levels and with the public; and Communication, both oral and written, sufficient to give and receive information and to facilitate meetings and project work.
For information, contact Yakima County Human Resources Department (509) 574 2210.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.