Fire Safety Specialist Program SpecialistYakima County
Fire Safety Specialist Program Specialist
$17.84 per hour
There is one opening with the Yakima County Public Services, Building and Fire Safety Department. This position performs a variety of skilled inspection and public education activities in programs requiring public compliance with governing regulations.
- Represents the County in performing inspection and investigation activities such as: checking fuel tank sites, inspecting facilities for fire and life safety and wildland/urban interface compliance, and investigating reports of program violations. Enforces program laws and regulations, issues warning or citations.
- Provides technical assistance to the public in accessing fire and life safety and wildland/urban interface program information and responding to and investigating citizen complaints.
- Prepares and delivers public safety brochures, messages, and presentations. Ensures personal and public safety while performing program duties.
- Troubleshoots problems and applies technical knowledge to resolve problems and educate the public.
- Performs a wide range of administrative support tasks such as: organization, auditing program use, and collecting donations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Training: High School Diploma/General Education Degree (GED) plus three (3) years of related technical education or experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Preferred: Experience in fire inspection, fire investigation, public education, wildland fire prevention, disaster mitigation, County, State and Federal laws related to such, Bilingual English/Spanish.
Required: Valid WA State Driver’s License and proof of insurance. ICC Fire Inspector I Certification required within one year of appointment.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities/ Female /Disability/ Veteran