Westland Irrigation District
Location: Hermiston, Oregon
Application Deadline: Open till filled
More information about the district can be found at www.westlandirrigation.com.
To review the full job announcement and job description and to complete the application, please see this link: https://www.sdao.com/classifieds. To be considered as a candidate, please submit a completed and signed application, resume, and cover letter to the address or email listed below. Electronic submission is preferred. Attn. Shanta Carter. Westland Irrigation District – General Manager
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879m Tigard, Oregon 97281
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Five years of experience managing/leading/supervising organizations and/or programs in
a related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, agriculture, engineering, public
administration, water resources or closely related field is preferred.
• Experience with irrigation water delivery systems and operations, including Oregon
• Experience with computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, website
platforms, accounting, ArcGIS, mapping programs, and water management.
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Pay and Benefits:
Starting Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000 annually
Benefits include: Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), District Contribution to
Retirement Program, 11 holidays, 12-20 days of vacation based on tenure, sick leave.
Monthly Vehicle Allowance