Family Outreach/ Financial Literacy Coordinator #128187Washington State University Tri-Cities
Family Outreach/ Financial Literacy Coordinator position #128187
Washington State University Tri-Cities is seeking a GEAR UP Family Outreach/ Financial Literacy professional with a work location in Richland, WA. The Family Outreach/ Financial Literacy Coordinator position is responsible for leading outreach/ financial literacy professionals in coordinating, developing, and implementing outreach efforts for the GEAR UP grants.
A Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent education/experience.
- Experience with student academic and/or college readiness programs.
- Experience or knowledge in coordinating, developing, planning, and implementing student services programs.
- Experience working with financial aid documents, including scholarship applications, FAFSA, and loans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of school programs, student success, the school community and/or parental involvement in community and/or school settings.
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight and work a flexible schedule, including frequent nights and weekends.
- Must have or be able to obtain at the time of hire, a valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and MS Office software program Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word.
- Bilingual/ Biliterate in English and Spanish.
- Experience leading and/or supervising subordinate staff.
- Professional first-hand experience motivating students of low-income or disadvantaged youth.
- Familiarity with organization and operation of secondary school/district administration and university/community college systems.
- Experience managing, tracking and reporting program data.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people, including peers, university and school administrators, faculty, and staff, students and parents, and the general public.
Washington State University is an EOE/AA Educator and Employer.