Event CoordinatorWashington State University
The WSU Alumni Association seeks energetic, talented team players for its event planning team in Pullman. Supports the creation, production, execution, and evaluation of strategic events. Coordinates event logistics, including scheduling, budgeting, marketing and forecasting, for football tailgates, professional development activities, lecture series, pub crawls, community service projects, viewing parties and similar. Plans and executes other special events, stewarding alumni donors, increasing alumni engagement and promoting alumni philanthropy. Manages Chapter volunteer recruitment, on-boarding, training, retention, and appreciation initiatives, and is responsible for cultivating and managing alumni volunteers.
A Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of experience, which includes six (6) months of full-time experience in marketing, gift solicitation or public contact work with evidence of ability to work collaboratively, communicate effectively orally and in writing and organize and execute assignments. A Master’s degree in a relevant field may be substituted for up to one (1) year of the required experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office applications and social media applications (including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written).
- Possession of, or ability to obtain by time of hire, a valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays, and to travel.
- Bachelor degree in business, hospitality, public relations or closely related field.
- Experience working in team-oriented, fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Experience with highly visible events, large scale events, and/or multi-day events.
- Experience with contract negotiations and conflict resolutions.
- Experience with risk management.
- Experience which demonstrates strong project management and time management skills.
- Supervisory experience.
Open until filled. EEO/AA employer.