Cook 2 - Dining ServicesWashington State University
Cook 2 Dining Services
Summary of Duties
Under general supervision of Dining Services Manager, the Cook 2 position is responsible for the preparation of menu items, special menus, and catering menus. Responsible for developing new items annually and seasonally in conjunction with Chef/Manager. Ensure proper par stock ordering levels so that sufficient quantities of product are on hand while minimizing waste from over purchasing. Develop appropriate production pars, peak meal batch cooking and off-peak ala carte cooking levels. Responsible for proper handling and storage of all food products. Must demonstrate judgment, integrity and commitment to quality in all items prepared. Responsible for the safe and appropriate use and care of equipment, clean up, and securing of work area at shift’s end. Maintain records as required and direct production area. Provide quality customer service to our guests.
Monthly salary $2480.00.
- Two years cooking experience in a large scale food service or culinary operation which includes six months experience directing the work of others; completion of course in large scale cooking may be substituted for one year of experience OR one year as a Cook 1 in State service; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within 14 days of employment, a Food Handler’s Permit.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain by time of hire, a valid driver’s license.
- Two to five years experience in increasingly responsible food service positions.
- Multi-faceted food experience.
- Experience in a la carte restaurant cooking and various international/ethnic cuisines.
- Experience leading and training employees.
- General knowledge of commercial grade kitchen equipment use, safety, and maintenance.
Will this position require a background check? This position has been designated by the department to require a background check
WSU is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.