Vegetation/Traffic Control Management WorkerWalla Walla County Public Works
Walla Walla County Public Works
Vegetation/Traffic Control Management Worker: $18.19 per hour, 40 hour/week plus benefits.
Job Summary: This position involved in vegetation management and signing/striping management programs. It includes safe, efficient, and skilled operation of vegetation management and sign/striping equipment or other road maintenance equipment. Performs daily maintenance activities on associated county road vegetation control, signing and striping activities; assists with road and bridge maintenance activities as required; tasks including manual labor, flagging and traffic control. Position subject to call-out for emergencies and may be required to perform duties at irregular hours that are dependent on weather conditions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervision is not a requirement of this position. May require coordination of job site activities where equipment being operated is central to the activity of work being done.
• Operate various vegetation management, sign maintenance and pavement marking equipment.
• Install, replace, and maintain traffic control and other road signs and pavement markings in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
• Use and apply products for chemical control of vegetation on county road right of way.
• Apply deicing chemicals to county roads.
Examples Of Duties:
• Operate aerial man-lift truck for sign maintenance and tree trimming.
• Install road signs.
• Apply weed control chemicals and pesticides in county right-of-way.
• Participate in seasonal operation of paint striping activities.
• Perform daily preventive maintenance on equipment and assist in servicing equipment as requested.
• Gather data in various formats including using Global Positioning Systems.
• Assist in maintaining written or electronic inventories of signs, paint, vegetation control products, sign posts, and other materials.
• Perform traffic control duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.