Vegetation/Traffic Control Management WorkerWalla Walla County
Walla Walla County Public Works Vegetation/Traffic Control Management Worker: $18.19 per hour, 40 hour a week. plus benefits. Operate various vegetation management, sign maintenance, pavement marking equipment. Use, apply products for chemical control of vegetation. Install, replace, maintain traffic control and other road signs. See employment ad for required experience and licenses. Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required.
This position involved in vegetation management and signing/striping management programs. It includes safe, efficient, and skilled operation of vegetation management and sign/striping equipment or other road maintenance equipment. Performs daily maintenance activities on associated county road vegetation control, signing and striping activities; assists with road and bridge maintenance activities as required; tasks including manual labor, flagging and traffic control. Position subject to call-out for emergencies and may be required to perform duties at irregular hours that are dependent on weather conditions.
Supervision is not a requirement of this position. May require coordination of job site activities where equipment being operated is central to the activity of work being done.
• Operate various vegetation management, sign maintenance and pavement marking equipment.
• Install, replace, and maintain traffic control and other road signs and pavement markings in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
• Use and apply products for chemical control of vegetation on county road right of way.
• Apply deicing chemicals to county roads.
Examples of Duties:
• Operate aerial man-lift truck for sign maintenance and tree trimming.
• Install road signs.
• Apply weed control chemicals and pesticides in county right-of-way.
• Participate in seasonal operation of paint striping activities.
• Perform daily preventive maintenance on equipment and assist in servicing equipment as requested.
• Gather data in various formats including using Global Positioning Systems.
• Assist in maintaining written or electronic inventories of signs, paint, vegetation control products, sign posts, and other materials.
• Perform traffic control duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Closes: January 26, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
American with disabilities act/Equal employer opportunity.