Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Finance
Walla Walla Community College (WWCC) is accepting applications to fill the role of Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Finance on the Walla Walla campus. This position provides, in person,
confidential executive level support and assistance to the Vice President of Finance.
Qualifications: Associates degree and 5+ years of progressively responsible office administration experience required; bachelor's degree and higher education work experience preferred. Equivalent education/experience may be substituted at the discretion of the College. Salary Range: $50,000 - $52,700. This position will remain open until filled. For priority consideration, applications should be received by November 23, 2021.
- Serve as a liaison for the vice president to ensure the most effective coordination and communication between administrators, faculty, staff, and other agencies.
- Assist the Vice President to foster a climate of open communication, collaboration, and innovation throughout the College.
- Serve as first point of contact for the department, providing customer service and responding to inquiries.
- Maintain current knowledge of policies, rules and regulations; assist in the development of departmental procedures and policies.
- Compose, edit and proofread correspondence. Research and create various reports as requested.
- Create spreadsheets and PowerPoint documents that convey complex and detailed financial information in a concise, professional and easily understand manner.
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings, prepare agendas and related material, and take minutes for committees as needed and disseminate information.
- Establish procedures and interpret and apply administrative policies to the work of the division; maintain and update as needed.
- Interprets and applies internal Finance and Administrative Services policies and procedure consistent with goals, objectives and policies of the college.
- Responsible for the processing and filing insurance renewals for all policies.
- Receive, screen, and respond appropriately to telephone and email inquiries for the vice president. Review, prioritize, and distribute incoming mail and correspondence for the vice president.
- Provide support to compile and publish the annual plan and operating budget for presentation to the Board of Trustees.
- Provide administrative support to the department as directed.
- Ensure office has adequate supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate staff training and staff appreciation events.
- Accountable for keeping personal development up-to-date; adding to skills and knowledge through courses that may be available through the Walla Walla Community College courses, other professional development, committees, etc.
WWCC is an equal opportunity employer