Laboratory DirectorWalla Walla Clinic
Schedule: Monday - Friday (some evenings & weekends)
Applicants to be considered for this position must apply online and upload your resume for each position. Employees wishing to be considered must complete a transfer form.
Role and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for day-to-day supervision of the laboratory operation and 10-15 personnel performing testing and reporting test results. Meets laboratory related needs of patients and physicians.
2. Provide orientation to all testing personnel, annual personnel performance evaluations and documentation of competency. Hire and terminate, when needed, with support from Human Resources. Complete employee time-cards. Document counseling statements and corrective actions.
3. Assure remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications; patient results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system functions properly.
4. Assure quality assessment and quality control programs are established and maintained; Lead lab safety program.
5. Develop and monitor laboratory budget with assistance from accounting and the CFO.
6. Prepare documents for review and perform duties delegated by Laboratory Medical Director.
7. Responsible for laboratory information system with support from laboratory and IT staff.
8. Maintain laboratory confidentiality.
9. Facilitate communication by attending department head meetings, leading department meetings and using messaging, logs and individual meetings to keep staff informed as appropriate.
10. Cooperate with other department heads in order to achieve clinic and department goals.
11. Communicate with physician and administration leadership regarding lab and clinic needs and goals.
12. Research new equipment as needed, plan and implement instrumentation changes including speaking at Board meetings to receive approval for capital requests.
13. Responsibilities as outlined in 42 CFR 493.1463 for General Supervisor of a Highly Complex Laboratory. If qualified, responsibilities to include those for Technical Supervisor of a Highly Complex Laboratory.
14. Other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Qualified as General Supervisor for a High Complexity Laboratory under 42 CFR 493.1461 standard of the Code of Federal Regulations. Prefer qualified as Technical Supervisor.
2. Current functional knowledge of medical laboratory operations and norms. Prefer ability to perform medical technologist bench duties for all areas of the laboratory including rotation of evenings and weekends.
3. Problem solving skills. Ability to make decisions.
4. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment.
5. Courtesy, dependability, trustworthiness.
6. Effective patient service skills.
7. Knowledge of quality control processes and procedures.
Salary Range: Depends on Experience