WA Dept. of Corrections Connell, WA Full-time Maintenance
Posted on May 6, 2022
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual to fill one full time permanent Plumber/Pipefitter/Steamfitter Supervisor position at Coyote Ridge Corrections Center.
COYOTE RIDGE CORRECTIONS CENTER (CRCC) is located on a 60-acre site about 40 miles north of the Tri-Cities. CRCC is comprised of two-complexes. The Main Security Complex (MSC) is a 2,048 bed facility that houses offenders with Medium and MI3 Custody. MSC consists of 4 Hybrid units and 4 Medium units. The Minimum Security Unit (MSU) is a 480 bed facility that houses assisted living and MI2 Custody offenders. MSU consists of 2 units. This is a work/program orientated facility that offers many educational, vocational, and self-help programs and Class II and Class III Correctional Industries work programs.
Whether the work is inside a prison, in community corrections, or in an administrative office, the Washington State Department of Corrections professional staff experience a high degree of personal satisfaction knowing they are creating environments in which all offenders can learn to make choices that contribute to a safer society.
Note: This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
**Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Under the supervision of the Construction and Maintenance Project Supervisor, this position is responsible for maintaining the facility plumbing and potable water delivery systems within a state prison. This position supervises an incarcerated individual (I/I) work crew. The job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain, repair, and install plumbing, water, steam, and sewage systems within the facility.
- Prepare cost estimate and projections for assigned tasks and projects.
- Maintain sufficient on hand supplies to accomplish required assignments.
- Prioritize tasks based on facility safety and security needs.
- Use current facility procedures to hire and interview I/I workers.
- Ensure that the facility safety and security procedures are adhered to DOC Tool and Key control and accountability.
- Instruct I/I's in the proper use of tools and equipment use in the maintenance, repair, and installation of the facility plumbing requirements.
- Regularly inspect buildings, equipment and fixtures to determine the need for maintenance and repair.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program to ensure documented regular inspections and service of systems, equipment and fixtures.
- Regularly visit equipment and fixture sites.
- Maintain all necessary records required for this position.
- Complete and close work orders assigned using the current CRCC procedures. Maintain accurate I/I payroll records, hiring records and training records, as well as I/I disciplinary action records.
- Accomplishment of work orders and tasks may require after hours and weekend work.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Current vehicle operators license
Journeyman Plumber License *
Two (2) years Journeyman level experience
Backflow assembly tester certified
*Please attach a copy of your Journeyman Plumber License to your application.Note: The successful candidate will be required to have or have the ability to obtain a Backflow Assembly Tester Certification issued by the Department of Social and Health Services within 6 months of being hired.
- Ability to organize I/I work crew effectively and teach them desired work skills.
- Ability to quickly and accurately troubleshoot system failures.
- Establish reasonable and attainable objectives for I/I crew, and objectively evaluate their performance.
- Ability to administer corrective action to I/I's when appropriate.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, schematics and drawings. Develop design drawings and cost estimates.
- Ability to operate all tools required of this position.
- Ability to comply with all facility security procedures.
- Ability to provide any required record keeping on demand.
COVID 19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Emergency Proclamation 21-14, all Washington State executive branch employees, on-site contractors, and volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18th, 2021.