Under the supervision of the Construction and Maintenance Project Supervisor, the Electrician Supervisor oversees an Incarcerated Individual (I/I) work crew in maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and installation of electrical systems, appliances, and equipment throughout CRCC, both Minimum Security Units and Medium Security Complex. This position helps maintain a comfortable living environment for offenders and a safe working environment for employees, volunteers and visitors. This position supports the mission of the Department of Corrections by promoting public safety. The daily tasks for this position include but are not limited to:
- Electrical systems installation and maintenance in minimum and medium security institutions.
- Maintain, inspect, install, modify and repair all single and 3 phase electrical systems.
- Maintain, repair, and install facility lighting systems of various voltage.
- Install and maintain electrical conduit for security and surveillance systems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, install and repair electrical service to various commercial equipment.
- Supervise, train and evaluate offender work crew.
- Provide daily documentation of work orders completed in Micromain.
- Maintain adequate spare parts inventory and PR records.
- Maintain accurate and timely I/I payroll records, and up to date I/I safety training documentation.