Educational Program Assistant 1, 496587
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences seeks applicants for a full-time position as an Educational Program Assistant 1 for the Department of Psychological Sciences. Under the direction of the Psychological Sciences Program Manager, this position will provide programmatic and administrative support to the Department Head including project and event management. The incumbent is expected to work independently under supervision and within the defined guidelines established by the programs and the supervisor. A total of 3 positions are being recruited within the Department at this time, and duties will be streamlined once incumbents start to ensure optimal alignment of responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs administrate support functions such as: processing administrative, academic, financial, and payroll items related to program activities.
- Serves as resources to individuals and groups on matters relating to program activities, and administrative policies and procedures. Serves as a resource for undergraduates, graduate students, parents, faculty, staff, administrators, and outside parties regarding department policies and procedures (e.g. merit, PTR, annual, and other reports).
- Writes and/or edits and disseminates informational and resource materials and program information including the departmental website, social media presence, and serves as a member of the CLAS Communications Committee.
- Makes purchases for the Department Head (liaises with contracted vendors, evaluates costs) and associated receiving.
- Develops and distributes internal communications to faculty, graduate students, and staff.
- Plans and coordinates events and outreach programs such as graduate recruitment, department seminars and colloquia, faculty search interviews etc., including catering, speaker travel arrangements, event itineraries, event advertising, expense reimbursements and honorariums, and annual reception.
- Arranges travel for Head and special programs overseen by the Head that include faculty and graduate student reimbursements and other related fiscal documents.
- Service as a backup for other staff in the Department to ensure continued service of the departmental operations where possible.
- Maintains system for departmental archives, as well as department resource materials and program information.
- Provides direct training and related support services and follows up to resolve programs related to the educational program.
- Hires, trains, and supervises student workers and processes associated transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and up to one year of experience OR Associate's degree and two to three years of experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Experience with project and event management.
- Proven ability to manage time in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Ability to adaptively work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft programs.
- Ability to engage, connect, and work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. This position will be in-person at the UConn Storrs campus within the Department of Psychological Sciences. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496587 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 29, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.