Educational Program Administrator
The College of The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences seeks applicants for a full-time position as an Educational Program Administrator for the Department of Political Science. Under the supervision of the Political Science Department Head, the incumbent will provide programmatic and administrative support to the Department, supervise support staff, and will be expected to work independently and within the defined guidelines established by the program and the supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages general office operations and processes and maintains necessary paperwork to support academic program, including financial and personnel records.
- Assists in the planning, development, design implementation, and evaluation of activities to achieve program objectives.
- Conducts studies, collects necessary data evaluates information, and prepares analytical reports related to program specialty.
- Plans, develops, and implements methods and techniques of informing/educating.
- Provides hiring support and processes paperwork for new and hiring positions.
- Ensures sufficient course enrollments meet established guidelines. Establishes master schedule in conjunction with guidelines.
- Serves as a liaison between the program and other University offices, external organizations, and the public.
- Processes scholarships and fellowships following University, state, and federal guidelines.
- Maintains departmental and faculty purchases, reimbursements, travel expense reports, and website content.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- Five years of related experience. One year of experience must be serving as an advanced team member.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft programs.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497118 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Screening will begin immediately and the search will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on January 4, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.