Administrative Coordinator, Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The School of Business Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies (CREUES) is seeking a full-time Administrative Coordinator (Administrative Program Support 2). The incumbent will report to the Director of CREUES and will perform office coordination duties as well as provide administrative and program support for the Center. The position will be based at the Storrs campus. Occasional evening and weekend hours, as well as in-state and out-of-state travel will be required in support of program activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Performing office coordination duties; directing the workflow and supervising the processing of administrative paperwork.
- Compiling and interpreting program and student data and statistics and preparing reports to assist in evaluating program effectiveness. Assisting in preparing the Center’s Annual Report.
- Assisting in the preparation of components of the Center budgets; assisting in managing approved budgets, monitoring funding; authorizing expenditures; tracking revenue from conferences; developing and maintaining financial spreadsheets; and maintaining copies of fiscal paperwork. Performing all fiscal responsibilities of the Center, including purchasing, scholarship disbursement, development of conference budgets, etc.
- Supervising and training student staff and determining work assignments and work schedules.
- Serving as a resource to students, staff, and others regarding Center policies and regulations. Advising students on activities such as course requirements and prerequisites, over-enrollment procedures; internship opportunities, internships and job placement; ARGUS training.
- Assisting in the planning, coordination, and execution of conferences, banquets, seminars, outreach programs, golf tournaments, advisory council meetings, and other events; designing invitations and corresponding with invitees; determining space needs and making reservations; coordinating travel arrangements; coordinating speakers and other related duties.
- Attending weekly Real Estate Society student meetings.
- Developing and maintaining the Center website; organizing site and revising postings; monitoring for accuracy of time sensitive material and updating as needed.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with Real Estate program alumni and industry professionals. Designing and maintaining databases containing students, alumni, and other constituents.
- Preparing content and designing layout of bi-weekly Center newsletter; coordinating production of UCRECC update, Connecticut Real Estate indices, and the Real Estate Employment Update.
- Staying abreast of changes to University policies and procedures and provides education and outreach in regards to policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two years of experience in a responsible administrative support position. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the years requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and regularly exercise sound judgment regarding administrative detail and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to work effectively with University staff, faculty, students, alumni, and external constituents.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to resolve administrative problems efficiently, effectively, and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and execute events.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Dependable transportation and willingness and ability to travel in-state and out-of-state, and work nights and weekends in support of program activities.
- Demonstrated experience working in a higher education setting in a university environment.
- Demonstrated experience with financial processing and reporting systems such as Kuali.
- Demonstrated experience with Aurora WordPress or similar web content management system.
- Demonstrated experience using database software.
- Demonstrated supervisory ability.
- Experience working in the real estate industry.
This is a full-time position based in Storrs, CT.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496550 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 20, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.