Registered Nurse Charge Supervisor (Pediatrics)Toppenish Medical-Dental Clinic
Registered Nurse - Charge Toppenish Medical-Dental Clinic
YVFWC is a NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program eligible site. Are you an RN looking to make a positive difference in the community? Do you want to use your nursing skills in a team-based environment working with underserved and at-risk patients? Do you want to work with patients who have diverse and complex health issues and work at the top of your license? Do you want to develop your leadership and supervisory skills as a nurse? Are you looking for competitive pay and better work-life balance? If you answered Yes to these questions, then we have a great opportunity for you!
What we're looking for:
- An RN who's passionate about community health and working with underserved populations.
- Someone who thrives in a fast paced, team-centered environment.
- A clear communicator who is able to build strong relationships with all clinic staff and patients.
What you'll do:
- Work collaboratively with a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to deliver comprehensive continuity of care to a highly diverse patient population.
- Utilize your knowledge of established professional nursing concepts, and principles of practices to determine and assess the medical needs of patients.
- Deliver direct, compassionate, quality care to patients, and support providers during outpatient office procedures.
- Conduct application screening and interviews to fill nursing department vacancies.
- Promote interdepartmental cooperation and positive morale between employees and others within the clinic and organization.
- Coach and train subordinates for sustained performance improvement; provide access to educational opportunities, identifying job performance training needs.
- Initiate verbal or written corrective action when necessary to address deficiencies in performance or workplace behavior.
- Develop and implement annual department work plan and manage departmental changes to reduce adverse impacts on patients and employees.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Hiring bonus
- No night shifts, no on-call rotations
- Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine, profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off (19 days per year for full time positions), paid holidays, uniform allowance, Continuing Education and more.
What do you need?
- Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher.
- RN license for the state of practice, or ability to obtain license before starting work.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred but not required.
The Pacific Northwest Working at Farm Workers Clinic means living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. You will have the opportunity enjoy spectacular wilderness areas, scenic ocean beaches and crystal-clear lakes and rivers. Because of the Cascade mountain range, the Northwest has two distinct climates: The west side is lush and green. Eastern Washington and Oregon, shielded from the rain-filled clouds by the high mountains, tend to be sunny and arid. The two climates enable farms and orchards to produce a bounty of different fruits, berries and vegetables. And with 22 appellations, Washington and Oregon are also celebrated for their world-class wines. No matter where you live in the Pacific Northwest, you will be within an easy drive to a thriving metropolitan area, offering fine shopping, theatres, museums and galleries. The area also boasts progressive public and private schools and world-class universities. About YVFWC Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics. Working at YVFWC Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently Trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster Integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate Transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create Partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST Treatment for all individuals.
- We will let Joy in.
- We have the Courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence. Our mission celebrates diversity.
We are committed to equal opportunity employment.