Manager - Information SecurityThe University of Toledo
The University of Toledo seeks Manager of Information Security. The position of Information Security Manager is a high-level security position, which reports to the Vice President Chief Information Officer & Chief Technology Officer. Under the general direction of the Vice President Chief Information Officer/Chief Technical Officer, the Manager of Information Security is responsible for managing the Information Security staff, coordinating the staff’s efforts on information security projects and the day-to-day operation of information security activities including incidence response. These activities are required to maintain compliance with the university’s information security policies and design/ implement the university’s information security and privacy programs, and mitigate the security risks to informational assets. In addition, this position will provide support across the University in information security initiatives and standards.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in information systems, information technology computer science, related fields. Advanced degree in related technology is preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years IT with 3 years in information security role and at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in managing experienced staff in the development and implementation of Information Security Strategy, and in the identification, plan for resolution and execution of action plans for complex problems in regulated environment (i.e., education and/or healthcare).
• Information security certifications desirable (Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Security Manager, Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control, etc.).
• Working knowledge with industry standards such as NIST, SANS, COBIT and ISO.
• Excellent team skills are essential.
UT is an EEO, AA Employer and Educator.