Human Resources Associate
Human Resources Associate
About The State University of New York:
The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States, and more than 95 percent of all New Yorkers live within 30 miles of any one of SUNY's 64 colleges and universities. Across the system, SUNY has four academic health centers, five hospitals, four medical schools, two dental schools, a law school, the state's only college of optometry, and manages one US Department of Energy National Laboratory. In total, SUNY serves about 1.3 million students in credit-bearing courses and programs, continuing education, and community outreach programs. SUNY oversees nearly a quarter of academic research in New York. Research expenditures system-wide are nearly $1.1 billion in fiscal year 2021, including significant contributions from students and faculty. There are more than three million SUNY alumni worldwide, and one in three New Yorkers with a college degree is a SUNY alum.
We are seeking a team player with excellent communication skills to use and navigate online systems, work with Excel and generate/develop reports, and perform a variety of human resources functions to fill the position of Human Resources (HR) Associate at the State University of New York (SUNY) System Administration, located in Albany, NY. The HR Associate functions in a University-wide Human Resources role and serves as the primary contact for an assigned group of HR and payroll professionals at SUNY's 29 state-operated campuses. After being trained by an experienced team, the responsibilities will include:
- Provide assistance to all campus inquiries concerning HR and payroll processes, rules, and requirements for a number of different collective bargaining agreements and payrolls in a timely and professional manner
- Respond to transactional, data and business requirement requests related to several different systems, including the SUNY Human Resource Management System, New York State's PayServ System, and the Department of Civil Service's System
- Assist with campus and System Administration data reporting requests utilizing a Business Intelligence reporting tool and Excel
- Act as a liaison between campus staff and the NYS Office of State Comptroller (OSC) and Department of Civil Service staff in resolving transaction HR and payroll issues
- Review and analyze weekly position, HR transaction, and payment error reports and work with campus staff to resolve issues to enhance the quality of data and to ensure the accuracy of payments
- Interact closely with the Information Technology team at System Administration to solve problems and address necessary changes and system enhancements based on issues, new union contracts, laws, or campus suggestions for enhancements
- Provide training to campus staff in a variety of areas
- Assist with a variety of related projects as part of the team
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Minimum of one year experience in an office setting in a related field
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience in working with Excel
- Ability to worth with and protect confidential data and to work effectively and efficiently within strict deadlines in a fast-paced professional environment
- Experience working with, or entering, data in an online system
- Experience generating reports and/or using a Business Intelligence Reporting Tool
Salary: $50,000. Excellent fringe benefits.
Excellent Benefit Package which includes; NYS health insurance, free dental and vision, competitive retirement options, tuition assistance and generous vacation, sick and holiday accruals.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online at https://sunysystem.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=153005 The Search Committee will begin the review of applications immediately and continue until the position is filled.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com