Program Manager for Youth Camps
Program Manager for Youth Camps
Description of Department:
The Division of Extended Learning at SUNY Oswego offers programs and services to adult and non-traditional audiences to open gateways to new careers, enhance skills, or pursue lifelong learning. The Division provides access to higher education at all levels of the educational pipeline to expand horizons and further develop students toward their highest potential.
The Division of Extended Learning at the State University of New York at Oswego invites applications to fill a part time Program Manager for Youth Camps.
Posting Date: January 12, 2024
Review Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Compensation: Salary to commensurate with experience, full benefits package through the Oswego College Foundation.
Date of Appointment: March 1, 2024
Description of Responsibilities:
The Program Manager for Youth Camps will have oversight of Barbara Shineman Summer Scholars Programs (i.e., Exploring Nature, STEAM Camp, and Sheldon Institute for Barbara Shineman Scholars). The program manager will be responsible for development, planning, budgeting, and coordination of all logistics for youth camps including Sheldon Institute instructional planning and content. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Extended Programs and will have marketing and administrative support from the Division of Extended Learning. The position is located on the SUNY Oswego Campus, Sheldon Hall. This is a part-time position, working approximately 4 days per week (up to 30 hours), with occasional evenings and weekends. Telecommuting is available and will be guided by position requirements and SUNY policy.
- Collaborates with campus departments, faculty, and external partners, organizing all logistics of the respective programs.
- Manages marketing communications to inform the public about camp offerings, coordinating email and regular mail campaigns, social media, and website marketing.
- Develops and manages registration system, corresponds with parents regarding registration requirements and documentation. Collects and tracks payments and manages scholarship funds.
- Coordinates hiring (with individual camp directors) for instructors, staff, and student workers.
- Processes onboarding documents and payroll. Conducts training for all hires. Supervises multiple student assistants and a graduate student assistant.
- Leads efforts for instructor recruitment, programming, and instructional content for historic Sheldon Institute.
- Maintains budget documents and develops financial reports for internal and external constituencies. Assists with development of annual reports.
- Working with individual camp directors, plans, coordinates, and implements all logistics for camps including: organizing and overseeing programming during flexible drop-off/pick-up/lunch timeframes (including participant attendance management and leading activities), ordering/managing/distributing supplies for camps, leading orientation for camp support staff and instructors, ensuring staff comply with child protection policies, and coordinating lunches for participant.
- First point of contact for all communications with participant parents/guardians, including camp informational mailings, programming details/program change alerts, and reporting any participant health or behavior concerns.
SUNY Oswego works continuously to create an inclusive environment which respects, embraces, and promotes cultural safety, belonging, civil discourse, cultural humility, and other values and goals outlined in SUNY Oswego's https://ww1.oswego.edu/diversity/. As such, the incumbent is expected to contribute to these efforts and possess the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to engage effectively with an increasingly diverse community of students and colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- 3 years professional work experience in program planning and/or project management
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Autonomous, flexible, solution-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and collaborative work
- Experience in building and nurturing relationships with internal and external constituencies / Community relationships
- Ability to travel to off-site and community locations
- Experience in youth program planning, enrollment, and software management systems
- K-12 teaching or administrative experience
- Master's degree
At SUNY Oswego we value the diversity found in each member of our campus community and strive to create a community where that diversity is embraced and enhanced. Recognizing the strength of diversity, our mission is to foster an environment which respects, embraces and promotes cultural competence, civil discourse and active engagement in developing an inclusive and vibrant community of scholars who act as transformational agents of change and responsible citizens of the world. For more information see SUNY Oswego's https://ww1.oswego.edu/diversity/.
As a candidate seeking consideration you are asked to submit a separate statement specifically addressing how your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion has been evidenced in your career experience and professional activity, and/or community service (volunteer work, etc.), and/or professional development. (Please see Application Instructions)
Oswego is committed to enhancing its diversity. SUNY Oswego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively engaged in recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. We encourage applications from qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim SUNY status, or criminal conviction. Please https://www.oswego.edu/human-resources/non-discrimination-policy to see our full non-discrimination policy.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to work in the United States per the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
Requests for reasonable accommodations of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Human Resources Office by calling 315-312-2230 or emailing mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Campus Safety information, please https://www.oswego.edu/police/annual-report to see the Annual Security and Fire Report (Clery).
SUNY Oswego is a smoke free/tobacco/e-cigarette free campus. https://www.oswego.edu/human-resources/sites/human-resources/files/tobacco_smoke_free_policy_final.pdf for further policy details, including education and cessation resources.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at mailto:email@example.com.
Caitlin Rioux at http://firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
To Apply Submit:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications
- A separate statement describing your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in your professional experience or personal life or community engagement
- Resume or CV
- Copy of unofficial (or copy of official) transcript for required degree showing degree awarded and date conferred
- Contact information for three professional references
electronically by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
Official transcripts are required at time of appointment.
All required documents must be uploaded in order for your application to be reviewed and considered. Please https://oswego.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp to login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.
Please click https://oswego.interviewexchange.com/iecreatemodifyticket.jsp if you need assistance applying through this website.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4957129
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.