Admissions AssociateSeattle Country Day School
Position available: Admissions Associate, full-time, beginning January, 2018 or sooner
Since 1964, Seattle Country Day School has been inspiring gifted children in grades K-8 to discover their potential through inquiry. Students are the center of a dynamic learning and discovery process. Experienced teachers focus on intellectual and character growth, attending to the social, ethical, and emotional needs of sensitive and capable students. Small classes generate curiosity and innovation through inquiry learning, and provide opportunities for collaborative experiences with a curriculum rich in mathematics, science, technology, humanities, and the arts.
Seattle Country Day School affirms that attracting, supporting, and embracing a diverse community is critical to fulfilling its mission of educating gifted students, and seeks diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds in its faculty in order to reflect the diversity inherent in a multicultural city and society. The school is committed to diversity among students, faculty, staff, and Board of Trustees, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation religion, age, or disability.
Four-year degree required. Must have excellent oral and written communications skills, be exceptionally organized, accurate, flexible, and a quick learner; and have the ability to interact well with staff, administration, and parents. Computer proficiency required. He/she will be knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft office programs, Outlook, Publisher, and Adobe InDesign. Classroom or school experience preferred.
The Admissions Assistant will report to the Director of Admissions and will provide administrative support to the admissions office.
- Perform all data entry in the admissions database, including entry of new student paperwork, tracking application documents and enrollment documents, prepare admission files for all applicants, and communicate status of application;
- Manage admissions events;
- Provide outstanding customer service to prospective and current school families in person and via email;
- Coordinate all community building efforts as related to new families;
- Provide occasional main office support as needed due to illnesses, vacations, or other absences.
Salary and Benefits
Negotiable, depending on qualifications. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life/LTD, Retirement (TIAA-Employer Matched), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan.