Information Technology Systems AnalystRichland School District
Information Technology Systems Analyst
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work under the supervision of the Executive Director of Information Technology (I.T.).
- Assist in coordination of district-wide technology support relating to hardware and software.
- Collaborate with Information Technology Department to install and maintain district hardware and systems/applications software; resolve district office, school, and/or computer operational issues as needed.
- Install computer equipment, network (client and server) software and hardware on a variety of platforms (e.g. service packs, application software, operating systems, hardware upgrades, etc.) for the purpose of upgrading and maintaining district equipment and software.
- Maintain and manage district inventory, remote access, imaging, software licensing, resources, etc. utilizing district software package/appliance.
- Actively maintain Microsoft Active Directory in support of district resources e.g. user accounts, Group Policy, hardware inventory, etc.
- Act as direct support liaison between building staff and Information Technology as needed.
- Maintain a variety of technology equipment and programs/applications for staff and students for the purpose of ensuring district resources are functioning properly and effectively in support of the districts mission and programs.
- Maintain, support, and manage Chromebooks in 1:1 classroom environments - secondary school students are assigned Chromebooks as take-home devices.
- Support superior customer service goal of Information Technology. Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director of Information Technology.
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum two years' experience in technical support capacity or equivalent education and work/field experience.
- Expertise and knowledge with LAN technologies supporting data, voice, and video. Working knowledge and hands-on experience with personal computers and internet/intranet protocols and standards.
- Experience with and knowledge of Dell OptiPlex computers, Latitude laptops, Chromebooks, and PowerEdge servers preferred.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work, complete tasks, and meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations with administrative staff, school building staff, and students.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Must be punctual, dependable, self-disciplined, and have excellent attendance.
- Able to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and data.
- Previous experience providing technical support in a K-12 environment is preferred.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License.
- The duties of this job require the employee to regularly sit and use hands to type, finger, feel, or handle; reach with hands and arms; and manually keyboard.
- Sitting for extended periods of time is required.
- Close and color vision/inspection is also required.
- The employee is also expected to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Richland School District complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or ancestry, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, age, familial or marital status, honorably discharged veteran or military status. This applies to all educational programs, extra-curricular activities, and employment.