Grounds ApplicatorRichland School District
Richland School District is accepting applications for Grounds Applicator.
Job Objective and Purpose statement (s):
Maintain District facility grounds and external areas to provide clean, safe and attractive lawns, fields, landscaping, fencing, walks and parking areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain assigned lawn areas to district standards.
- Activities include mowing, watering, edging, minor irrigation repair, application (as qualified), and weeding.
- Maintain assigned landscaped areas to district standards. Activities include pruning, trimming, tree/shrub planting and removal.
- Maintain associated grounds structure and equipment such as fencing, playground toys and sports fields.
- Removal of debris from grounds including leaves, snow and trash from grounds areas.
- Apply pesticides as needed and directed in accordance with WA State & Federal Laws & Regulations and school district policy.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to safely operate heavy equipment to support grounds work.
- Basic knowledge of irrigation systems and their operation.
- Ability to maintain and operate irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of proper and safe operation of tools and equipment.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools specific to trade.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- History of working well with co-workers.
- History of reliability/dependability.
- Current Drivers License with good driving record.
- High school graduate or general educational development.
- Positive recommendations.
- Washington State Applicator License.
- Required upon hire or obtain within six (6) months of hire:
- First Aid/cardiopulmonary resuscitation Card.
- Forklift and Aerial Lift operator certification.
- Physical Requirements of position: walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, crawling, laying on back, twisting, stooping,
- climbing ladders and stairs, reaching, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50 pounds solo (more requires two person lift).