Safety SpecialistReser's Fine Foods Inc.
Recipe for Success Reser's Fine Foods is one of the nation's premiere manufacturers of high-quality refrigerated foods including deli salads, side dishes, chip dips, tortillas and Mexican snacks for families across the United States and Canada.
Reser's manufactures thousands of products! Some of our brands include Reser's, Mrs. Kinsers, Don Pancho, Baja Café, and Stonemill Kitchens. You will see our mouth-watering products in supermarkets, restaurants and local outlets across the nation! Overview Manages and Administers health and safety programs, including environmental policies in accordance with State and Federal OSHA compliance. Oversees the health and safety of Reser's employee personnel and plant property.
Responsibilities Principal Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
1. Manage and administer production safety programs and policies.
2. Accident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis - workplace injury/property damage.
3. Advises and assists employees in adherence to company and governmental safety standards.
4. Develops and provides safety related resources and training. Maintains related tracking documentation (LOTO, Powered Trucks, Confined Space, Machine Guarding etc.)
5. Actively engaged in promoting a Safety Culture within the Pasco Plant and the company.
6. Administers employee safety training and provides specific 'Train-the-Trainer' coaching.
7. Facilitates plant safety committee activity and meetings.
8. Actively conducts safety audits and observations both formal, with third party, and informal.
9. Assist the PSM manager on environmental compliance and training (Ammonia Safety)
10. Conducts and reports environmental testing, where applicable.
11. Works with Insurance companies, Loss Control representatives and local contractors to ensure best practices.
1. Requires a 3-5 years experience of Occupational Health and Safety preferably in the food / manufacturing industry.
2. Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related field is preferred.
3. Must have knowledge of Federal and State OSHA/EPA/WISHA requirements.
4. Bilingual - English/Spanish, a plus.
1. Office and production environments - Indoors and outdoors.
2. The environment may be wet or dry and temperatures may range from 25°F to 110°F.
3. Occasional exposure to possible hazardous materials and noise.
4. Ability to work independently and autonomously.
5. May require long periods of standing and walking.
6. Travel up to 10% of the time.
7. Works ALL shifts outside of business hours
8. Occasional lifting with packages in excess of 35 lbs.
Great Benefits We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help employees live a healthier life, build rewarding careers and save for the future.
Reser's offers choices whenever possible, because we recognize the diverse and ever changing needs of our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, AD&D, life, 401(k) with match, wellness programs, paid holidays and vacation time to name few!