Project Manager (Budget Analyst IBO - Mgt)
Job Description: Project Manager (Budget Analyst IBO – Mgt)
The New York City Independent Budget Office (IBO), a nonpartisan city agency, is responsible under the City Charter to provide analyses and issue public reports on city budgetary and policy matters in order to enhance the understanding and decision making of elected officials and the public.
IBO is recruiting for a Project Manager/Senior IAM Engineer to join our team. This position is to be filled immediately and is not subject to any hiring freeze.
You will co-lead our effort to move IBO into the CityNet environment, with particular responsibility for designing, implementing, and supporting our agency's identity and access management systems and solutions built on Microsoft Azure AD, Active Directory, and various IAM/PAM platforms. In this leadership role, you will receive direction from the Identity and Access Management (IAM) team at the NYC Office of Technology and Information (OTI), which hosts the CityNet platform.
OTI provides for the sustained, efficient and effective delivery of IT services, infrastructure and telecommunications to enhance service delivery to New York City's residents, businesses, employees and visitors. As the City's technology leader, OTI is responsible for maintaining the foundational IT infrastructure and systems for all NYC agencies, including IBO.
The Project Manager will support and manage various IAM technologies including Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Identity and Access Management, and Privileged Access Management platforms. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Architect, implement, and support Azure AD as our cloud-based identity and access management provider, including configuring policies, setting up authentication methods, implementing conditional access policies, managing roles and permissions, etc.
- Manage on-premises Active Directory domains, including user accounts, groups, OUs, federation services, group policies, etc. Integrate Active Directory with Azure AD for hybrid identity.
- Implement and support various IAM and PAM solutions for access governance, privileged access management, password management, single sign-on, etc.
- Work on IAM integration projects to connect IAM systems with HR, business systems, cloud apps, etc.
- Monitor identity systems and access logs to detect anomalies and prevent breaches. Investigate and troubleshoot IAM-related issues.
- Define IAM policies, standards, and procedures.
- Educate IBO users and provide support on IAM-related topics.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in identity management, access management, cybersecurity, etc.
- Understanding DevOps concepts and tools.
- Represent IBO in meetings with key
- Prepare reports, status summaries, and presentations for senior
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with stakeholders and senior agency leadership about the project.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert-level knowledge of Azure AD, Active Directory, Federation Services, conditional access, etc.
- Working experience with various IAM/PAM tools and integration projects.
- Strong understanding of authentication protocols like OAUth2, SAML, OIDC, etc.
- Scripting skills in PowerShell, Bash, etc. to automate IAM/PAM tasks.
- Hands-on experience with AD infrastructure like DNS, PKI, SSL, etc.
- Understanding of IAM frameworks and industry security standards.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication, analytical and troubleshooting skills, organization and multi-tasking skills, and ability to collaborate with various teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, leadership, associates, outside consultants and vendors.
- Experience working with NYC agencies preferred.
Baccalaureate degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related, from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to projects and policies required by this position; or education and/or experience which equivalent to same.
NYC residency must be established within 90 days of appointment and is required for the first two years of city service, after which employees may reside in Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk, or Westchester Counties. Foreign nationals must have a valid permanent resident card (“green card”) or renewable work permit.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
As a current or prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. Please review the notice to see if you may be eligible for programs and how to apply at nyc.gov/studentloans.
IBO allows for hybrid work schedules, and this position is not impacted by any citywide hiring freeze.
No phone calls please.
Salary Range: $150,000
Send resume and cover letter to OTIproject@ibo.nyc.ny.us by February 9, 2024