Human Resources Business Partner
Positions Open: Two (2) Human Resource Business Partner positions are available
Classification: Human Resource Specialist 2
Unlimited, Full-time (40 hours/week)
Flexible Work Arrangements are Available
Salary Range: Hourly $24.63 – $36.12; Annually $51,427 – $75,419
*Salary placement is dependent on education and experience
We are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we seek applicants with deep connections to the cultural communities to which our students belong. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
ABOUT THE POSITION AND THE DEPARTMENT
At Normandale Community College, our Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP) serve as subject matter experts and senior consultants to administrators and supervisors in a wide range of human resource and organizational management areas, including departmental and positional analysis, collective bargaining agreement interpretation, policy guidance, and service in all areas of employee classification and compensation, recruiting, employee and labor relations, performance management, acknowledgements, and discipline, investigations, and grievances. They partner with supervisors and administrators college-wide to ensure organizational effectiveness through proper alignment of structure, staffing, processes, and culture. Each business partner is assigned an area of the college with whom to concentrate their partnerships.
The department actively strives to achieve Normandale’s mission to cultivate a welcoming college community and to build an equitable world. We value cultural competence, collaboration, and courageous conversations. We also value individuals seeking to make a difference and continually improve the employee experience.
The following qualifications are required to move forward your candidacy; as such, ensure your application contains descriptions of your work experience sufficient to demonstrate competency in each of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field AND at least three (3) years of human resources experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional human resources experience in functional areas such as talent acquisition, classification, compensation, employee relations, labor relations, training and development.
- Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements and applicable laws, rules, and policies sufficient to administer, interpret, and provide guidance to others.
- Intercultural competency skills and experience to successfully interact and bridge communications with students, employees, and stakeholders in both written and verbal modalities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with sensitivity and discretion, with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications and human resource information systems, such as Workday.
- Five (5) or more years of professional, general human resources experience in higher education or a non-profit setting
- Professional human resource certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, etc.)
- Experience leading change management activities, building trust among teams, and attracting talent
- Experience working in a complex, multi-union environment
- Excellent process facilitation and project management skills
- Advanced verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including making informative presentations and leading professional development sessions.
Normandale is the largest community college in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, serving almost 15,000 students from diverse backgrounds, 42% of whom are students of color and nearly 25% are first-generation. We offer opportunities for individuals to grow, learn, and advance their careers while working for an organization that is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable space for students and employees to learn.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE
As an agency of the State of Minnesota, Normandale Community College offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical, dental, vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; generous vacation and sick leave as well as 11 paid holidays each year; employer paid life insurance; pre-tax flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; and tax-deferred compensation plans. Additional benefits include tuition waivers for yourself and eligible dependents once certain criteria are met, and may professional development opportunities.
For information on benefits, visit SEGIP’s website SEGIP.
This position is also part of the state’s Commissioner’s Plan. The plan outlines many additional benefits provided.
For more information on retirement benefits, please view the retirement brochure through MMB.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The college is committed to honoring human differences. We expect and foster inclusion of different values and ideas. We are committed to the principle that all individuals are to be treated with equality and dignity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance, please contact Human Resources at 952.358.8269 or email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
The vacancy is posted on-line from Tuesday May 3, 2022 through Tuesday May 24, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to this specific job posting. You can also search for this job and more on the State of Minnesota careers website at http://www.mn.gov/careers. Refer to Job Code 55543. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you are a current State of Minnesota employee, please log into Self Service, click on the Careers section and search for the Job Code.
Note: Official academic transcripts may be requested from those invited for an interview.
The College regrets that it is unable to offer H-1B sponsorship at this time. The successful candidate, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, must be able to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
An offer for this position may be contingent upon the completion of a background check.