Tech Support Scheduler
FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
Job ID 531792 # of Positions 1
Business Title Tech Support Scheduler
Civil Service Title IT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Title Code No 95714 Level 00
Title Classification Non-Competitive
Proposed Salary Range $ 75,000.00 - $ 85,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit OPS/Operations Support
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Tech Support Scheduler reporting directly to FISA's HR/Payroll Tech Support Job Administration Supervisor.
The Scheduler will work in the Tech Support group and be responsible for the scheduling of batch processes in multiple environments and platforms. They will maintain the scheduling environments to ensure proper job execution, handle new requests and troubleshoot problems. Their primary responsibility will be to ensure the production and non-production batch schedules run efficiently.
- The candidate will run batch job streams via CA Workload Automation DE (dSeries), and must understand and be able to verify job condition codes. The candidate will interact with all support groups in problem determination and resolutions.
- Identify schedule impacts due to changes and proactively escalates to team. Work with team to resolve
- Get involved in event scheduling meetings and/or interactive planning meetings as required by the team and or clients.
- Document all changes made to the master schedule that the Technicians in the Job Administration team can follow.
- The candidate will be expected to understand the interaction between the IBM mainframe and the various Unix and PeopleSoft Servers (and the various intra system job relationships).
- The candidate will be responsible for running various test streams for our Application Development and
- Testing departments.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the design of the CA Workload Automation DE (dSeries) scheduling tool or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor the health of executing job flows (e.g., stalled flows or batch job condition codes) using the CA Workload Automation DE (dSeries) scheduling tool or similar
- Ability to schedule and process ad-hoc requests in mainframe and distributed environments as requested
- In-depth knowledge of the IBM Mainframe and z/OS constructs such as JCL, GDGs, PDSEs, flat files.
- Working knowledge of ISPF
- Knowledge of the UNIX Shell scripting and debugging capabilities is a plus
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to plan, manage and work independently with minimal direction
- Process Backups/Restores as required
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce quality work under pressure.
- 3 - 5 years of scheduling experience with major scheduling packages like CA Workload Automation DE, CA-7, Control-M, IBM Tivoli, CA-ESP
- 5 years of hands-on work with executing job streams, and performing preliminary troubleshooting activities involving scheduler, batch processes, and cycle flows.
- Excellent knowledge of z/OS JCL and TSO/ISPF
- Experience with mainframe compile, link, and bind procedures
- Familiarity with file transfer protocols such as FTPS and/or Connect: Direct (NDM)
- Experience troubleshooting JCL errors and using utilities such as File-AID and IDCAMS
- Knowledge ofIMS and/or DB2
- Familiarity with MS-Word and Excel
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 531792. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
5 Manhattan West
New York City Residency is not required for this position
POSTING DATE 05/10/2022 POST UNTIL Until Filled
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer