Quality Assurance TechnicianMilne
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician 1
Milne Fruit Products is seeking a qualified QA Lab Tech 1 to join the QA department. This entry level position performs basic laboratory tests (brix, acidity, color, viscosity, etc.) on raw and finished goods packaged conventionally and aseptically to ensure that product meets customer specifications as well as all federal and state regulatory requirements. Milne processes raw fruits and vegetables into delicious juice, juice concentrates and purees. A typical day for the QA Lab Tech 1 would begin with a review of emails to prioritize the work day. The day would include testing various samples, communicating with the operators making the juice to collect the correct samples at the right time and completing all the paperwork to provide an accurate record of the days' production.
There is time spent walking to various locations and standing to complete tests. Each day includes some sit-down time to read and compose emails and complete paperwork. QA Lab Tech will learn to use a refractometer for brix , a pH meter to check for acid, and specialized equipment to check for color plus other lab processes. When testing is done, you may also stock supplies to ensure that production is ready to go without any slow-downs. Cleaning the lab to maintain an immaculate environment for testing is an important part of the quality process and a task shared by all the QA Techs.
Training for this position is mostly on day shift hours (8am-4pm). As a QA Tech 1, this position needs to be available to work all three shifts though the majority of time you will be assigned to work 2pm 10pm. We are seeking a person with the right blend of:
- Scientific aptitude and curiosity.
- Attention to detail and ability to complete repetitious tasks accurately.
- Ability to communicate and work with all employees.
- Willingness to work all three shifts.
- Desire to further career and be part of a successful team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Advance scientific education preferred.
- Two - five years work experience demonstrating increasing responsibility.
- Quality Assurance experience in a food lab preferred.
- Scientific aptitude.
- Training in QA Analysis and lab equipment (brix, acid, pH, pulp determinations, sediment, clarity, color and bacteriological processes) preferred.
- PC-based computing experience (word processing-Word, spreadsheet-Excel, email-Outlook).
Milne Fruit Products processes a wide variety of raw fruits such as grapes, cranberries and other fruits into 100% natural and pure fruit juice concentrates, concentrated fruit purees, custom blends, and pre-mixes. We are one of the larger fruit processing facilities in the Pacific Northwest, with a customer base across the U.S. and abroad. The commitment of our employees to the highest standard in processing has given Milne an industry-wide reputation for excellence and high quality products. We have created an enviable work environment and only invite the best to join us.
Valid driver's license required. Pre-employment drug screen and background check.