Strategic Marketing Consultant - Digital Advertising SalesMcClatchy
The Strategic Account Executive is an important role in driving digital revenue for large accounts. This individual is responsible for developing and executing initiatives for client acquisition and revenue generating activity across our fast growing digital business. This position assists in the development and execution of all digital advertising strategies, along with new product and market development to grow revenue and market share.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand, assess, and develop plans for digital growth of our Excelerate solutions within identified opportunity categories and assigned geography
- Liaison with Client Success team to create proposals after gaining a complete understanding of the client’s needs through a CIA
- Communicate the ROI of the solution and educate the client on the solution, as needed
- Actively manage relationship by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction and identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
- Target and build relationships with existing clients and potential clients within local markets
- Smoothly transition accounts to and from other teams as necessary based on spending level and customer needs
- Assist with executing company Big Ask and Agency Launch initiatives and strategies
- Ability to identify prospects and capture new business revenue
- Understands each client and their unique business needs in order to provide ROI-impactful solutions
- Act as key client advocate and liaison
- Interpret client needs to the group and manage execution of those needs. Should be able to initiate and define interactive projects internally
- Works with client to define objectives and parameters of new digital projects. Sells need for a project to client when required.
- Exhibits technical competency (Salesforce, Google Docs, etc)
- Deep understanding of digital media
- Researches and provides insights to the clients
- Understanding of local market automotive space and competitive landscape
- Attends local networking events to become clear media leader
- Work effectively within a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Experience: 2+ years prior digital media account management experience required; digital agency experience preferred.
- Skills: This person must be highly organized, with charismatic and varied communication style. Familiar with both online and offline work. Juggles priorities with boundaries on behalf of both the agency and client. Communicates skillfully. Appreciates creative and design aesthetics.
- Ability to travel (up to 90%) within the region.
McClatchy is an equal opportunity employer