Open: November 19 Business Manager , 2021
Close: Open Until Filled
First Review of Applications will take place first week of December.
Timely Applications are Appreciated
Job Title: Business Manager – Full-Time
Nature and Scope of Job: The Lind-Ritzville Cooperative Schools Business Manager is responsible for
the administration of the financial operations of both the Lind and Ritzville districts, including
development and maintenance of the annual budget, long range financial and facility planning.
Oversee the monthly payroll and billing process for accuracy and completion while adhering to
federal and state fiscal requirements.
The Cooperative Schools: Together, the Lind and Ritzville School Districts have created and
successfully maintained a strong and unique partnership through a cooperative model. While Lind
and Ritzville districts function independently in their fiscal operations, they are completely united as
Lind-Ritzville Cooperative Schools in working to expand educational programs and opportunities for
students. Through the strength of the Cooperative, both districts make available an array of
academic programs, support services, enrichment opportunities and extra-curricular activities
beyond what other schools, of comparable size, typically offer.
Position Reports To: Superintendent
Classification: Classified – Non-Represented
Compensation: $86,500-$96,500 DOE
Primary Job Functions
• Provide leadership and guide the Cooperative's financial and assets operations.
• Assist the Superintendent in developing long-range planning for the both the Lind and Ritzville
district finances, physical plants, and assets.
• Develop and manage the annual budget to include enrollment and staffing projections,
revenue/expenditure forecasting; building/program allocations, revenue and expenditure
monitoring; analysis of financial status, communication and reporting of budget status to the
superintendent, school board(s) and administrators.
• Annually prepare state required revenue forecasts (F203), annual budget (F195), annual yearend financial reports (F196), personnel report (S275), SEFA and other fiscal reports as may be
required by state and federal agencies
• Maximize resources through expenditure reductions, cost control measures, efficient
accounting practices, revenue enhancements and other strategies to insure financial stability
and a positive fund balance.
• Verify enrollment and submit enrollment data to OSPI.
• Oversee and supervise the Cooperative cash handling, purchasing and fund-raising activities and
ensure procedures are followed.
• Direct the Cooperative-wide purchasing policies, procedures and acquisitions in compliance with
federal, state, and district regulations.
• Manage all aspects of the Cooperatives' capital projects to include bid procedures, contracts,
and payment authorization.
• Participate in contract negotiations with classified and certificated collective
• Maintain effective communication with staff, school district patrons,
businesses, and community groups.
• Coordinate state and federal audits and implementation of District
Lind-Ritzville Cooperative Schools
“Achieving success together”
• Provide financial analysis for levy and bond issue planning. Assist the superintendent in
working with the School Boards and citizens groups regarding levies and bonds.
• Participate with county and state organizations in staying abreast of school finance
reform and other district-related issues.
• Academic Shared staff fiscal manager. Invoice, reconcile, and refund expenditures of all
• Athletic Combine fiscal manager. Issue contracts for all athletic combine coaches, athletic
director, and trainer. Invoice combine schools after each sports season and reconcile and
refund of expenditures. Also provide financial analysis as needed for annual review meeting.
• Maintain and promote professional relationships with all agencies (ESD 101, OSPI, SAO,
etc.) and acts as liaison between these agencies.
• Invest available district funds and remit wire payments to county treasurer monthly.
• Understand and manage district state and federal grants; submit monthly reimbursement
claims and maintain records documenting appropriate uses of grant funds; coordinate with
staff responsible for grants to assure that staff is properly utilizing grant resources.
• Serve as an effective member of the District’s management team.
• Prepare monthly fiscal reports for the school boards after reconciling records with the county
treasurer and assuring their accuracy. Attends all meetings of the school board and presents
other material as necessary.
• Uphold and assist in enforcing district and school board policies and training others to as well.
• Reconciles contract, grant and/or account balances for the purpose of maintaining accurate
records, monitoring agency assets and complying with fiscal policy and practice.
• Keeps up to date on legal changes related to payroll and school district finance.
• Perform other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned by the superintendent.
• Minimum two years of college, or the equivalent, including courses in accounting,
bookkeeping, typing and/or office machines.
• Experience working in a school district or other fiscal office position in payroll,
accounts payable is preferable.
• Must favorably pass the Washington State Patrol/FBI Background Check
• Highest ethical standard of honesty, responsibility and accountability for management of
• Experience with integrated computerized accounting systems, databases and spreadsheets
required. Understanding and use of complex Excel spreadsheets preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Knowledge of computer systems and software, including input and verification of reports, ability
and willing to learn and become proficient in the use of school system fiscal
• Ability to schedule, organize and manage work assignments to assure timely and
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
• Ability to effectively present information to administrators, public groups, community, and
board of directors.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and school
• Ability to perform duties with awareness of all Cooperative requirements and policies.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for
extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and
• Frequently, the individual must meet deadlines with severe time constraints, interacting with
the public and other workers. This position often requires the employee to work irregular or
2. Letter of Application Detailing Interest and Qualifications for this Position
3. Classified Employee Application Form
4. Unofficial College Transcripts
5. Three (3) Current Letters of Recommendation
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.1, all employees working for public and private K-12 schools must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain a religious or medical exemption.
Applications materials can be found at www.lrschools.org
Specific questions about this opening can be made to Supt. Don Vanderholm
(509-659-1660 or 509-677-3481)