Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper
Home Builders Association of Tri Cities Seeking Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper
HOURS/SCHEDULE: Part-time: Monday – Friday, 20 – 24 hours per week with the ability to work occasional hours outside of the standard work hours. At certain times of the month or year, workload can fluctuate. (Core office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.) Accommodations and adjustments to work schedule may be made for highly qualified candidates.
BOOKKEEPER / ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all financial reporting functions; maintains accurate financial records; assists in preparation of all budgets.
- Prepares billing as instructed for membership renewals and all events; maintains current records of all receivables in both Membership Database and Sage Business Works (acct. software.)
- Carries out all activities involved with accounts payable, account reconciliation, and any other related functions in both Membership Database and Sage Business Works.
- Assists in maintaining membership database and RSVP lists for events.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or minimum of four years of relevant work experience.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with the ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; capable of handling confidential and financial information
- Ability to effectively function in team and individual work settings
- Use of Microsoft Office, Sage Business Works
- Valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
SPECIFIC BOOKKEEPER / ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Executive Officer, the Bookkeeper is responsible for carrying out the following specific duties:
- Maintains automated accounting system, posting daily activity including cash receipts and disbursements in both Membership Database and Sage Business Works.
- Enter invoices and payments into Sage Business Works. Export both invoices and payment transactions from Membership Database and Sage Business Works. Post payments. Make sure coding is correct to each program from Membership Database and Sage Business Works.
- Each month generate invoices and payments for membership renewals. Some will be in Membership Database and some Sage Business Works only.
- Reconciles accounts receivable to customer ledgers monthly.
- Generates all billing as directed, including members’ renewal dues, event attendance, advertising in Association publications, invoices for services and other items through Membership Database and Sage Business Works.
- Prepares and posts monthly journal entries.
- Reviews preliminary reports for budget variances; analyzes variances and advises Executive Officer of major variances.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for Board of Directors; prepares monthly list of payables; reviews monthly financial package with Executive Officer.
- Assists in reconciling all bank accounts within ten days of receipt from bank with outside CPA.
- Assists Executive Officer in preparation of income tax returns.
- Assists Executive Officer in preparation of annual budget and any periodic update such as the mid-year budget; maintains such detailed back-up data as necessary to support budget projections.
- Collects permit data weekly from all jurisdictions, compile into one list and digitally distribute to subscribing members.
- Organizes CPR schedule and stays up to date on education classes offered through state association.
- Performs special financial research and analyses as requested by the Executive Officer.
- Reviews advisories from state and federal agencies and other periodicals to ensure Association records meet current requirements; advises Executive Officer whenever changes are required to meet new requirements.
- Attends Budget and other related committee meetings as requested.
- Carries out such other duties as may be requested by the Executive Officer, after all accounting responsibilities have been performed.
- Attend events that deal with payments such as GMM’s and Home Shows.
Depending on qualifications
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: Flexible Hours and Time Off
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Jeff@hbatc.com no phone calls, please. Due to time constraints, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.