Interim Elementary School Assistant PrincipalGrandview School District
Grandview School District is accepting applications for an Interim Elementary School Assistant Principal position.
To serve as the assistant to the building principal in leadership, coordination, and innovation to ensure that the richest educational experience the elementary school can provide is available to
each student in grades kindergarten through five. To assist in the responsibility for the planning, implementation, and supervision of all programs and activities in alignment with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the District. To assist the principal and staff in making the school facility an attractive, pleasant, safe and productive learning environment.
• Evaluates certificated and classified staff in accordance with District processes. Completes observations and provides performance evaluations. Evaluates own performance; identifies strengths, needs and areas for improvement by incorporating input from students, staff, parents, administrators and the school community.
• Works with staff, community, and students in advancing educational goals.
• Assumes principal’s responsibilities in the absence of building principal.
• Assists the principal in the areas of organization, instructional program, budget, school improvement plan, and staff development.
• Adheres to and implements District policies and procedures and negotiated agreements.
• Knowledge about laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of public schools, including school reform legislation.
• Assists with selection, supervision, and evaluation of staff performance.
• Provides for supervision of students and at special events including evening activities.
• Facilitates the on-going development of positive student behavior including resolving student discipline issues. Serves as a resource for behavior management.
• Provides for support for student social/emotional needs.
• Facilitates the development and implementation of specific student learning and behavior plans/interventions.
• Coordinates various programs including academic testing, child guidance team, student attendance, community services, volunteer program and others as assigned.
• Facilitates the connections with other community agencies.
• Ensures maintenance of student records and data on school programs.
• Contributes to District goals and activities.
• Performing such other duties as may be required or directed by the principal.
• Master's Degree with a major in education, administration, or curriculum.
• A valid Washington State certificate to practice as a school principal.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• A minimum of three years of successful teaching at the elementary level.
• Ability to facilitate resolution of complex interpersonal issues.
• Ability to work with District initiative around the Common Core State Standards and the Smarter Balance assessments.
• Managerial skill in planning, organizing, delegating, and listening.
• Successful experience in a leadership role at elementary level.
• Strong leadership skills in working effectively with groups and individuals.
• Demonstrated knowledge and use of effective instruction.
• Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated effective human relation skills including sensitivity to the needs and concerns of students, parents, and staff.
• Demonstrated experience in meeting the social/emotional needs of students.
• Demonstrated successful experience working with students and communities of diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrated success in working with staff to create meaningful change.
• Commitment to work in collaborative decision-making.
• Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional growth.
• Demonstrated skills in a support role.
• Ability to evaluate teachers using the Danielson Framework for Teaching