Field SupervisorGilbert Orchards, Inc.
Gilbert Orchards, Inc. Gilbert Orchards is a 5th generation grower and packer of fresh fruit based in Yakima, WA. We have a proud tradition of supporting our community through daily respect for our land and our employees. We currently seek a Field Supervisor to oversee all functions of labor management at our ranch (apples, wine grapes, cherries) located 30 minutes from Kennewick, WA. The ideal candidate will possess leadership qualities and a willingness to teach and implement sound horticultural practices. Qualified candidates will have at least 3 years' experience in hands-on horticultural work.
• Knowledge of tree fruit farming and a basic understanding of horticulture.
• Strong desire to learn and be open to new ideas.
• Ability to work within a team structure.
• Ability to teach others and a willingness to spend time cultivating efficient labor practices in the field.
• Willingness to work with management and crews in order to ensure a safe and pleasant work environment for all.
• Effective communication skills.
• English/Spanish bilingual required.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in hands-on horticultural work required.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Work in advance of crews to establish the most efficient way to accomplish each task before putting crews in the field.
• Work in advance of crews to establish accurate and fair piece rates.
• Work daily with management to monitor piece rates and to make adjustments if necessary.
• Work with management to track labor costs and keep a file of costs and jobs for future use.
• Work with management to track and record costs/acre.
• Ensure that crews have proper training in advance of entering the field.
• Ensure that crew bosses are checking bathrooms for cleanliness on a daily basis.
• Ensure that water containers have fresh clean water every day and that workers have a clean environment for their rest area.
• Observe and monitor spray signs in order to ensure proper reentry intervals.
• Work in advance of crews to ensure that they have the proper tools, supplies and materials to accomplish each task before they enter the field.
• Adhere to company policies and safety procedures.