Meter ReaderFranklin PUD
Franklin PUD has an opening for a Meter Reader who is responsible for the daily, accurate reading, recording and reporting of the PUD's electric meters.
The Meter Reader represents the District to the public in a courteous, professional manner. The position is responsible for the daily, accurate reading, recording and reporting of the District's electric meters. The position is also responsible for recognizing and reporting signs of power theft/diversion, or unsafe metering conditions. Meter Readers have the secondary role of gatekeeper and report conditions that are indicative of customer distress to the appropriate agency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Daily reads: Performs technical duties associated with downloading route information into meter reading devices. Drives, walks or bicycles an established route. Accurately reads electric meters and records readings. Performs technical duties associated with retrieving read information and running read reports.
2. Reports unsafe/unusual conditions: Recognizes and reports signs of power theft/diversion to the Customer Service Manager. Reports meter damage, unsafe electrical conditions, and any other unsafe conditions to the appropriate supervisor or department. Learns to recognize signs of customers in need of help and reports those signs to the appropriate community agency.
3. Customer service: Presents a service-oriented attitude to customers. Works in cooperation with other department members and other District departments.
4. Meetings: Participates in department meetings for the purposes of sharing information, problem solving and planning.
5. Professional behavior: Understands and follows District/supervisor expectations regarding appropriate dress, attendance, punctuality, scheduled and unscheduled time off, and appropriate use of District time, equipment and resources.
6. Teamwork: Works closely and effectively with coworkers. Contributes to a positive team environment.
7. Performs other duties as assigned. The District may revise the duties and responsibilities of this position, as needed.
Education and experience: A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Work experience that includes driving, walking or working outdoors, year-round, in all weather conditions is preferred. Experience and understanding of dogs is beneficial.
Skills, knowledge and abilities: Ability to read electric meters and record readings using District equipment and software. Computer skills necessary to enter and retrieve data. Driving skills that enable the Meter Reader to safely and legally drive a District vehicle on all road conditions and in all driving conditions. Ability to enter/exit customer property in a professional manner that is respectful of the customer's family, property and pets. Ability to communicate effectively in person, or by telephone. Ability to operate communication equipment, such as two-way radios. Possesses the ability to work effectively alone, and as a team member, without continuous direction. Ability to work effectively under pressure, and to establish priorities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.