Business Systems Analyst IIFranklin PUD
Business Systems Analyst II
The Business Systems Analyst II is responsible for optimizing business applications and databases used by the District. This position provides strategy, design, administration, maintenance, and support of District enterprise databases and business applications by providing technical expertise in the areas of Business Intelligence which include data management, data optimization, data warehousing, data analysis, data indexing, trouble-shooting, custom report writing and end user training.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accountable for the development of technology solutions for District problems and the maintenance and integration of business applications and systems that support the District's business operations.
2. Responsible for developing, maintaining, optimizing, testing, and assisting with work management solutions and integrations between core business applications.
3. Manage security accounts, user roles, privileges and ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect District data from intentional or accidental misuse.
4. Responsible for evaluating, recommending, testing, debugging, training end users and supporting District software solutions.
5. Have knowledge of the tools and programming languages required to develop, test, maintain and administer databases and business applications.
6. Work with users and act as liaison for District departments to determine needs, cost effectiveness and viability of software solutions.
7. Ensure that business critical applications are available for users.
8. Create custom reports requested by District personnel.
9. Professional behavior: Understands and follows the District's and supervisor's expectations regarding appropriate dress, attendance, punctuality, scheduled and unscheduled time off, and appropriate use of District time, equipment and resources.
10. Teamwork: Supports IT department goals and helps promote a positive team environment. Participates in department meetings, internal committees, or work groups as requested. Actively and positively participates in these meetings to brainstorm, find solutions, and share information.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
BA/BS in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or field related to functional area. A minimum of five years of specific functional support level experience with the relevant technologies is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be substituted for a degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/ Disabled