Program Specialist (528948)
Program Specialist (528948)
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Specialist to join our team of professionals.
Please note that this job is located at the Biscayne Bay Campus (BBC).
- Assists the Green Family Foundation (GFF) NeighborhoodHELP courses by providing the inter-professional faculty and student teams status reports and key updates on their assigned households and communities.
- Travels between the Biscayne Bay Campus and the communities to implement the program's goals and objectives and documents and submits travel expenses, such as mileage, according to FIU policies and procedures.
- Assesses eligibility of households through one-on-one interviews in the home; provides updated information on resources, such as the Mobile Health Center; and enters visit information and the results in the electronic record system.
- Identifies the social and medical issues of enrolled household members; provides and documents needed referrals and follow-up; and motivates households to remain in the program by contacting them every month or every other month depending on applicable protocol
- Documents all outreach household interactions and attempted contacts in the electronic record system to communicate with faculty and student teams.
- Responds to and closes the loop on telephonic and electronic communications related to outreach activities, including internal and external requests for services and information, and addressing urgent household and community issues with supervisor.
- Schedules household visits and maintains outreach calendar.
- Assists with the implementation of strategies aimed at recruiting households for GFF NeighborhoodHELP.
- Provides updates on household visits, community events, and outreach activities to the Scheduling Office, Mobile Health Center, Community Advisory Teams, and community partners.
- Participates in community events, such as health fairs to recruit households and provide community service.
- Works with diverse communities that speak English, Spanish or Haitian Creole.
- Works with and/or resides with minors and/or vulnerable persons while performing their job function of household outreach.
- Performs other related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties do not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
High school diploma or GED and six (6) years of office or related experience coordinating functions of an office or department.
Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Creole.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu, select “Prospective Employees” and reference job opening ID 528948. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.