Program Coordinator (528216)
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Coordinates administrative functions and provides administrative support to Designated Master in Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) program leadership.
- Communicates with clinical sites and preceptors to facilitate new affiliation agreements and renewals. Submits HWCOM agreement template for approval. Maintains the ARC-PA accreditation portal up to date with clinical site information and capacity for Supervised Clinical Practice Experiences (SCPE).
- Prepares agendas, presentations, and minutes for clinical phase activities and meetings. Assists with the set-up and organization of Objective Structured Clinical Evaluations (OSCE) stations and laboratory group sessions.
- Reviews and revises all clinical year documents, including the student clerkship manual and preceptor handbook, in collaboration with the Clinical Director.
- Maintains clinical site and preceptor paperwork as per the Accreditation Review Committee on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) requirements. Verifies state licenses for all preceptors on the Florida Department of Health website and reviews practitioner profile for disciplines on file. Serves as a liaison between the Program Director, Clinical Director, and the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM), clinical sites, and other organizations as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Compiles and submits credentialing documents for each student rotation as required by each clinical site. Maintains second year student paperwork, rotation assignments, and clinical site evaluations. Creates rotations in Complio (computer software) and coordinates completion of site requirements for each student.
- Documents and maintains step-by-step processes for clinical phase operations.
- Develops and disseminates student clinical assignments, student evaluation reports, and clinical sites evaluation reports. Compiles reports for the Program Director and Clinical Director.
· Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of office or related experience.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 528216.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status