Senior Associate Director, Research Programs/Services
The College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Senior Associate Director, Research Programs/Services - Boca Raton, FL. This position is in the FAU College of Nursing.
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean of Research, the Senior Associate Director, Research Programs/Services manages, oversees, reports on and coordinates all extramural grants within the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing (CON). This position streamlines CON processes and provides more effective and efficient oversight and adherence of: 1) the rules and regulations for all CON grant pre and post award related activities; 2) budget monitoring across all CON grant activities; and 3) reporting requirements, including timely submission, for all CON grants and contracts as related to research, program, and center awards.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee, direct, and monitor CON fiscal administrative coordinator(s) to ensure that processing of all financial and budgetary transactions, such as travel expenses, reimbursements, purchase requisitions, p-card charges, invoice submissions, and other related tasks are in compliance with pre and post-award activities of grant-related business processes of the CON. This includes research and program grant proposals being submitted or that have been awarded to the CON, and to any of its entities such as the FAU CON Community Health Center and Louis and Anne Green Memory and the Wellness Center.
- Serve as the major point of contact between the CON and the offices of Sponsored Programs and Research Accounting in the Division of Research (DOR). This centralized function will provide guidance, coordination, and facilitate seamless communication with regard to grant submission(s) and financial management of awards in the CON. Any CON faculty, staff and personnel working on any pre- and post-award grant activities will be able to channel questions and concerns through the Senior Associate Director.
- Oversee the training and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that the CON staff can utilize in management and oversight of the grants.
- Provide leadership and direction in policy development and operations within the Office of Nursing Research and Sponsored Programs (ONRS) by working directly with the Associate Dean of Research and Associate Director of Research Programs/Services as well as in collaboration with the DOR to develop, implement, administer and evaluate both existing and new policies and operational procedural guides (SOPs) to accomplish the mission and goals of the CON ONRS in alignment with the mission and vision of FAU and the CON.
- Provide guidance and direction to non-senior level members of the ONRS staff in order to ensure adherence to office, sponsor, and university policies and regulations.
- Provide faculty who are the Principal Investigators (PIs) of these awards with monthly budget reports and conduct quarterly (or more frequently, if needed) review meetings with the PIs for the purpose of reviewing and ensuring that all grant related activity, including reporting, are being carried out as defined in the Notice of Award or contract.
- In consultation with PIs, create proposal budgets and complete budget forms in preparation of proposal packages for submission to the FAU's Sponsored Programs Office and extramural funding agencies.
- Process, monitor and supervise post-award financial transactions related to CEL CON grants, such as costing allocations, period activity pays, cost transfers, journal entries, invoices submitted by subawards, review of effort certifications and other grant-related financial tasks, as needed.
- Assist with submission to appropriate university units CEL CON grant documents such as requests for no-cost extensions, post-awards, budget amendments, and related internal close-out procedures.
- Provide requested and annual reports to the Dean and associate deans as needed related to all CEL CON grant-supported activities and its programs.
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as assigned.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and five years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and seven years of appropriate experience required.
Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to stay on task in a fast-paced environment required.
Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines required.
Experience supervising a research ofﬁce administrative team preferred.
Experience using grant search engines such as GrantForward, Pivot, Grants.gov, NIH, and others preferred.
Financial reporting, budgeting, and accounting skills/knowledge preferred.
Experience using Workday and Novelution is preferred.
Demonstrates and supports a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion activities.
Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now (REQ12565).
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.