Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management
About Empire State University:
Founded in 1971 as the innovative campus of the State University of New York (SUNY), Empire State University empowers learners from diverse backgrounds to achieve their educational goals. We have decades of experience providing educational access through online teaching and learning, individualized instruction, mentoring, and prior learning assessment. We build on our students' experiences to promote their growth and drive upward mobility and economic development in New York state and beyond. SUNY Empire's 97,000 alumni are teachers, nurses, entrepreneurs, and leaders in their communities and their fields. Visit www.sunyempire.edu and follow us on social media @SUNYEmpire.
SUNY Empire is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that having diverse faculty and staff is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
SUNY Empire State University is currently seeking an Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management. The Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management will demonstrate a commitment to student success and execute the vision for enrollment management efforts at Empire State University. This individual provides leadership and support to the Office of Enrollment Management and Marketing. The successful candidate will play a major role in coordinating, implementing, and evaluating the University's overall strategic and digital recruitment, conversion, and retention initiatives. The candidate also has a thorough understanding of enrollment management best practices in higher education, particularly with adult and diverse populations in an online environment.
The Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management is a senior level professional that reports directly to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills, outstanding communication skills, customer service orientation, strong project management and communication skills, ability to collaborate with multiple offices (Office of Academic Affairs, Office of Administration and Finance, and Advancement), adept with data analysis, and assignment prioritization. Will also have extensive experience with managing and motivating teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In concert with the VPEMM, Office of Academic Affairs (OAA), Office of Administration and Finance and the Office of Advancement, provide vision and leadership for the enrollment services functions.
- Develop the state-wide, national, and international enrollment management strategy and formulate policies to support a university-wide recruitment and retention plan in concert with the mission and goals of the University and of Office of Academic Affairs.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and data-driven university-wide enrollment strategy that supports the University's Strategic Plan (Elevate '28) and Strategic Enrollment Management Plan containing strategic recruitment and enrollment goals and related plans.
- Provide leadership for developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive and data-driven, university-wide retention strategy in support of OAA to ensure that retention and completion goals are achieved.
- Communicate local and corporate office policies to staff and comply by leading by example.
- In collaboration with marketing, provide input in delivery of a customer service communication plan targeted toward the prospective student target markets.
- Develop and implement enrollment models, projections, and statistical reports to track and project admission, enrollment data and trends; analyze trend data and make recommendations for strategic interventions to enhance enrollment of prospective students and retain existing students.
- Develop and monitor measures of institutional effectiveness and key performance indicators.
- Supervise project costs such as budgeting, cash flow, invoicing and payments, schedules and projected margins.
- Regularly conduct performance reviews and routine discussions on competencies and achieved results.
- Develop and manage measurement systems to review talent acquisition effectiveness and attract and retain high performing workforce.
- Develop strategic enrollment management planning process, timing and quality holistically.
- Actively engage in the professional development of staff in coordination with the Office of Human Resources.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience with recruiting and retaining diverse populations.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated technical experience and CRM proficiency.
- Demonstrated successful experience in developing, evaluating and improving recruitment, enrollment and marketing strategies from a data driven perspective.
- Experience successfully leading and managing multiple teams.
- Experience with virtual student services.
- Master's degree in higher education administration.
- Experience with Ellucian products.
- Demonstrated use of AI in student services.
- This position is located in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Travel, as necessary, to SUNY Empire locations in New York State.
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
- SUNY Empire provides employees with robust remote and flexible work options to meet the needs of students, faculty, and staff in a dispersed work environment.
Rank/Salary: Management/Confidential - $140,000-$145,000, dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Empire State University is an EOE employer.
We are pleased to offer our employees an excellent benefit package which includes NYS health insurance, free dental and vision, competitive retirement options, and generous vacation, sick and holiday accruals; and a strong emphasis on work-life balance. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT www.sunyempire.edu/safety-security.
Job Posting Link: http://esc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=171689
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State University Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.