Stationary Engineer 2 - Posting Number: 2017093CPEastern Washington University
Working Title: Stationary Engineer 2 - Premium Pay
Posting Number: 2017093CP
Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Stationary Engineer 2- Premium Pay. This position is responsible for overall operation and maintenance of a high pressure heating plant consisting of one or more boilers up to 150 h.p. each or tending high pressure power boiler system consisting of two or more boilers over 150 h.p. each. The successful candidate must be able to exercise independent judgment and decisions concerning operations and safety activities of the steam heating plant.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree
- Must have NIULPE Second Class Stationary Engineers License or City of Spokane Stationary Engineer 2 License within 12 months of hire for continued employment.
- Possession of a valid drivers license is required.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Three years of experience in the operation, maintenance and/or repair of stationary or marine high pressure boilers and heating systems. or
- Journeyman status as SteamFitter/Pipe Fitter, Millwright or HVAC/R Tradesman or
- Certificate of completion of an advanced Stationary Engineer course from an accredited vocational/technical school or community college and two years of experience in the operation, maintenance and/or repair of stationary or marine high pressure boilers and heating systems. or
- One year of State service as a Stationary Engineer 1.