Building Maintenance Mechanic-HVAC
Building Maintenance Mechanic-HVAC
Category: Civil Service
Department: Physical Plant/Facilities
Locations: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posted: Jun 9, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID: 163291
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, Dutchess Community College (DCC) is one of 64 colleges within the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country.
DCC's strategic direction is guided by four lenses through which we view our work: Students. Learning. Community. Growth. We are committed to respecting individuality, embracing diversity, being "student-ready," partnering with and serving our community inclusively. The College welcomes and seeks to grow pools of prospective employees who share and are anxious to support the institution's core values: Excellence. Collaboration. Engagement. Equity. Innovation
- Leads and participates in the performance of appropriate operating, adjustment, repair, maintenance and safety practices and procedures for heating, ventilating, air conditioning and plumbing equipment and systems;
- Plans details of work assignments and projects for a small group;
- Instructs a small group in the installation and repair of equipment;
- Leads and participates in a variety of other building maintenance activities;
- Participates in snow and ice control activities, which may include working overtime hours, reporting to work early, or reporting to work on scheduled days off, in cold and wet conditions;
- Four (4) years of paid work experience involving responsibility for the performance of building maintenance or construction trades, three (3) years of which primarily involved the maintenance and repair of heating and ventilating equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must possess a valid drivers license
The Bldg. Maint Mech. III.- H&V position is a Civil Service non-competitive title, Grade 13, with the starting salary of $58,028.00. This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12-month position.
DCC is an AA/EOE employer. Dutchess Community College (College) as part of The State University of New York, in its continuing effort to seek equity in education and employment, and in support of federal and state anti-discrimination legislation, has adopted a policy to provide an educational and employment environment free from unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4789373
Please submit an application.
In order to be considered for this position your will also need to complete the Examination or Employment Application (.pdf). This application is used to apply for a civil service examination or job opening that has been announced. The candidate should read the examination or recruitment announcement prior to completing this application to determine the required minimum qualifications for the position. Please read the instructions carefully. Further information can be found under "General Exam Info" and "Important Exam Info" under Dutchess County Department of Human Resources.
Dutchess Community College is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.