Special Assistant to the PresidentColumbia Basin College
Special Assistant to the President
Full Time Exempt Position
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 Annually
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (First consideration closes 01/02/18 @ 11:59 PM)
CBC seeks a Special Assistant to the President who will serve as a trusted advisor, principal aide and logistics manager to the President working with broad responsibility to carry out a wide range of complex administrative tasks. The position will provide confidential support to the President, oversight of ongoing projects in support of the President's agenda, and ensure seamless coordination of the President's administrative endeavors. The Special Assistant will manage all elements of the day-to-day office operations for the President's Office, including coordination and scheduling of college administrators, members of the Board of Trustees, public and private officials, various boards, faculty, staff, students, and the various publics served by the College. This position requires excellent organizational, technical and administrative abilities to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a skillful and timely fashion. The Special Assistant must be diplomatic, analytical, of the highest integrity and possess sound judgment, as well as have a sense of humor. This is an overtime exempt position reporting directly to the President.
- Master's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university and three (3) years progressive administrative/secretarial experience in support of an executive-level administrator.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university and seven (7) years progressive administrative/secretarial experience in support of an executive-level administrator.
- Experience working in position(s) demonstrating high-level administrative support skills, including the ability to take responsibility, display initiative, and make independent decisions;
- In-depth computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- Proficiency in the use of other office equipment and software; and Excellent writing skills and organizational skills. Valid driver's license for transporting or traveling with students and staff.
CBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Protected groups are encouraged to apply.