Dean for Business and Computer ScienceColumbia Basin College
CBC is welcoming applications for the following full time exempt positions:
Dean for Business and Computer Science
Columbia Basin College ("CBC" or the "College") seeks a Dean for Business and Computer Science who is the line administrator and is responsible to the VPI for administering and coordinating comprehensive programs of instruction for those disciplines, including several bachelors of applied science programs.
The Dean assists with administrative assignments within the instructional program, as required, and participates as a member of the instructional administrative team in the general operation of the instructional program. The Dean for Business and Computer Science reports to the Vice President for Instruction of Professional Technical Education and Instructional Services (VPI).
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (First consideration date closes October 7, 2018 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time)
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Proven teaching experience or have the equivalent experience in business, industry or public agencies; and
- Have a minimum of five (5) years supervisory/administrative experience supervising others.
- Experience with Guided Pathways development;
- Experience in supervising faculty in a higher education setting;
- Demonstrated substantial working knowledge and achievement in curriculum and program management;
- Experience in institutional and program level accreditation;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict resolution, management and organizational skills;
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff;
- Demonstrated sound working knowledge of personal computer hardware/software and the internet;
- Demonstrated ability in administration and attention to detail.
Retention Specialist for the High School Equivalency Program
The High School Equivalency Program (HEP) is funded by the U.S. Department of Education. It is a secondary migrant education program designed to assist migrant and seasonal farm workers to earn their General Educational Development certificate. HEP's goal is to help students further their education and knowledge so they may qualify for more rewarding employment or enroll in vocational or technical schools, two-year community colleges, four-year universities or military services.
Columbia Basin College ("CBC" or the "College") seeks a Retention Specialist who will respond to retention issues and provide academic and career advising in order to enhance the success and retention of students in the High School Equivalency Program. The incumbent will conduct follow-up interviews with HEP graduates to track placement data, develop and implement the annual retention plan and calendar. The Retention Specialist will report to the Director for HEP.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (First consideration closes October 7, 2018 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time)
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field from a regionally accredited college or university;
- One (1) year experience in academic advising;
- One (1) year experience working with migrant/seasonal farm workers and/or diverse populations of varied ethnicities, ages, backgrounds and abilities in an educational, nonprofit or social services setting; and
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Experience in basic GED® preparation in English/Spanish;
- Experience working with federal grants;
- Applicable experience in the program specialty;
- Knowledge of community college environment;
- Understand the role of retention and academic and career advising within the program scope and the population it serves.
CBC is an EEO/AA Employer. Protected groups are encouraged to apply.