Assistant Professor for Nursing (Mental Health/Acute Care)Columbia Basin College
CBC is welcoming applications for the following full time tenure-track faculty positions: Assistant Professor for Nursing (Acute Care) Assistant Professor for Nursing (Mental Health/Acute Care) Open Until Filled.
- Develop, prepare, and teach a broad range of college-approved courses in accordance with approved course descriptions and class schedules (includes the use of multimedia technology in the classroom);
- Develop syllabi and reading lists for each course taught and update annually; participate in departmental/divisional responsibilities in the selection of texts and related teaching resources;
- Maintain a minimum of five (5) regularly scheduled office hours each week at times that provide reasonable opportunities for students to meet with faculty;
- Maintain, submit, and retain accurate academic records, including verification of class rosters and student grades, by dates requested by the College and to comply with state and federal records retention laws;
- Orient students at the beginning of each class to syllabi and addenda, subject to subsequent modification and notice to students;
- Assess student learning outcomes, engage in timely interaction/feedback/grading to support student success and meet course outcomes;
- Provide students with appropriate learning resources to facilitate student success in achieving course outcomes, program outcomes, and appropriate College-wide Student Learning Outcomes;
- Demonstrate multicultural competence including an awareness and understanding of historically disadvantaged populations, and creating an educational environment that affirms commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Engage in shared governance by participating in department, division and College committees and assisting in the formulation of policy pertaining to educational programs;
- Participate in commencement ceremonies, wearing academic robes, unless excused by the President;
- Develop and attend professional improvement activities in order to maintain contact with one's academic discipline, including teaching/learning processes and/or development of knowledge in one's field of specialization;
- Participate in outreach activities to promote educational programs;
- Participate in special College projects, surveys, and studies;
- Assist in the preparation of reports as needed by College units (e.g., Student Services, Grants Office, Athletic Department, Institutional Effectiveness) and by the College in general (e.g., for accreditations, program review and so forth);
- Develop new instructional materials, techniques, course offerings or major revisions of the same;
- Participate in community service activities consistent with the College's mission;
- Participate in student career development in related advising or mentoring activities and special retention programs; and
- Attend College-mandated trainings, professional development activities and/or meetings.
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing education program in a college or university;
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing education program and a Master's degree in health, education or related field from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in Washington State or must be able to acquire Washington State Nurse License at the time of hire;
- Recent Mental Health nursing work experience;
- Must be able to meet vocational certification standards; and
- Additional medical/surgical background.
- Community college teaching experience in the relevant chosen discipline;
- Relevant and current teaching experience in a qualified medical facility;
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching community college students.
CBC is an EEO/AA Employer. Protected groups are encouraged to apply.