Assistant General CounselColumbia Basin College
Assistant General Counsel
Salary: $90,000.00 - $95,000.00 Annually
Description : Columbia Basin College ("CBC" or the "College") seeks an Assistant General Counsel to serve in a labor relations role and to perform legal counsel work under applicable laws and regulations in a higher education environment. Areas of oversight include public records requests, employee reasonable accommodations requests including investigations and supports employment litigation. The Assistant General Counsel position is expected to represent the College before state and federal agencies, in court and/or as a liaison with the Attorney General's Office. This position reports to the Vice President for Human Resources & Legal Affairs.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (1st consideration closes November 25, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time)
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited institution;
- Three (3) years of experience as a practicing attorney, assistant attorney general, labor negotiator or in a judicial clerkship role; and
- Admitted to, or qualified for admission to, the Washington State Bar.
- Knowledge of employment and labor relations law and practices;
- Experience with collective bargaining, contract negotiation and contract administration;
- Experience conducting investigations in an employment setting or higher education setting;
- Experience in public and/or academic environments;
- Familiarity with academic, community college or university institutions;
- Experience with civil rights laws;
- General litigation experience.
Applications will ONLY be accepted through our website at:
CBC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Protected groups are encouraged to apply.